Software Engineer, Intern/Co-op
Palo Alto, CA /
At Gatik we’re developing Level 4 automated light trucks and vans for business to business (B2B) short-haul logistics. Our autonomous vehicles reduce the high cost of urban logistics, while improving safety, increasing efficiency, reducing congestion and emissions, and allowing businesses to best serve the community.
Led by a team of AV researchers and engineers from Carnegie Mellon University, we are building new concepts and groundbreaking solutions for autonomous vehicles to ensure goods are transported between business locations both efficiently and affordably in city environments. With offices in Palo Alto and Toronto, we are dedicated to building commercial applications of AVs and aim to power the next generation of self-driving commercial fleets for urban logistics.
We're looking for high-energy, creative and collaborative candidates with strong software engineering skills. This will be a challenging but extremely rewarding job. If you like solving hard problems and are passionate about technology, we'd like to meet you!
- Build software, tools, infrastructure, documentation, and other systems that enables the engineering team to be more effective and efficient
- Participate in design reviews and code reviews for the software team
- Write clean readable code, debug complex problems that span systems, prioritize work and get things done with a high level of efficiency
- Support, maintenance, and documentation of software functionality
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in CS or related field
- Strong experience writing modern C++ and Python
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Contributions to open source projects or code that we can review
- Proficiency in data structures and algorithms, particularly graph based concepts
- Proven skills in distributed system design and architecture
- Excitement to dive into complex systems and improve them
- Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development
- Experience with graphics, game engines, and simulation framework including Gazebo, Unreal Engine, Unity, and OpenGL
- Experience with OpenCV and ROS (Robot Operating System)
- Experience with various sensing technologies - (stereo cameras, LiDARs, etc)
- Experience in a startup environment
- Competitive salaries, generous equity, and benefits including medical, dental & vision
- Regularly scheduled on and off-site team building activities
- Free catered lunches, snacks, and drinks
- Start-up environment where you’ll help shape the culture and have a huge impact
- Work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people
- Be at ground zero of the AV revolution!