Software Engineer, Localization and Mapping (All Levels)
Mountain View, CA /
Engineering – Software /
At Gatik we’re developing Level 4 automated light/medium duty trucks for business to business (B2B) short-haul logistics. Our autonomous vehicles reduce the high cost of urban logistics, while improving safety, increasing efficiency, reducing congestion and emissions, and allowing businesses to best serve the community.
Led by a team of AV researchers and engineers from Carnegie Mellon University, we are building new concepts and groundbreaking solutions for autonomous vehicles to ensure goods are transported between business locations both efficiently and affordably in city environments. With offices in Palo Alto and Toronto, we are dedicated to building commercial applications of AVs and aim to power the next generation of self-driving commercial fleets for urban logistics.
We are seeking talented engineers to join our mapping and localization team to help with the development of the core algorithms for pose estimation using a variety of sensors and build large scale data processing pipelines for building maps. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
- Build state-of-the art mapping pipelines that combine data from a wide variety of sensors, as well as localization algorithms that make use of these maps in real-time
- Implement the prototype localization algorithms in autonomous vehicles for onroad and simulation tests
- Investigate, test and calibrate sensors for integration into sensor fusion algorithms
- Develop high-quality software designs that allows for both high-performance and maintainable software
- Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Robotics, CS or related field
- Excellent software development skills in C/C++ and/or Python
- Experience working on the full stack of a robotics system
- Hands-on knowledge in 3D pose estimation using point cloud registration techniques (e.g. ICP, NDT matching)
- Real-world experience in implementing nonlinear Kalman filtering and smoothing techniques (e.g. EKF, UKF, and RTS smoother)
- Hands-on knowledge of data structures and algorithms for point cloud processing, and are familiar with ROS and PCL
- Self-starter; the ability to own projects with little oversight
- Knowledge of SLAM, point cloud registration, GNSS/INS
- Experience with Docker
- Knowledge and experience working with IMU, GPS, lidars, radars, and camera sensor data
- 3+ years industry work experience
- Proven system integration and software architecture skills
- Publications in your field (especially CVPR, ICCV, RSS, ICRA)
- Competitive salaries, generous equity, and benefits including medical, dental & vision
- Regularly scheduled on and off-site team building activities
- Free catered lunches, snacks, and drinks
- Start-up environment where you’ll help shape the culture and have a huge impact
- Work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people
- Be at ground zero of the AV revolution!