Software Engineer - Machine Learning Infrastructure
Palo Alto, CA
Gatik is a team of AV researchers and engineers with domain expertise in AI, robotics and computer vision. Founded by graduates and former researchers from Carnegie Mellon Robotics Institute, we are building new concepts & groundbreaking solutions for autonomous vehicles.
We aim to power the next generation of self-driving commercial fleet for urban logistics. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast moving execution-oriented team. If you’re a software engineer or a researcher who’s curious and passionate about Level 4 autonomous driving, we'd like to meet you.
As a Software Engineer - ML Infrastructure at Gatik, you will develop various aspects of software engineering including on-vehicle software and offline data-processing pipelines. You will implement tools that push forward and support autonomous driving.
- Build out the infrastructure and tools to manage Gatik’s pipeline of vehicle data & telemetry
- Automate deep learning framework deployment and validation
- Create data visualization and annotation tools for autonomous driving
- Build scalable frameworks to run massive amounts of simulations in a cluster environment
- Model a range of human driving behaviors for realistic interaction with AVs
- Implement simulation frameworks that recreate dynamic environments based on both recorded and synthetic data
- Develop libraries to simulate sensors like IMU, radar, lidar
- Bachelors or M.S degree in CS or related field
- Strong knowledge of C++ and experience in large code bases
- Experience building large, scalable software systems in at least one of: Python (ideally), Go (golang), Node.js
- Experience with TensorFlow or other Machine Learning frameworks
- Solid technical foundation in CPU and GPU architectures, containers and numeric libraries
- Experience with distributed computing (MapReduce, Flume, etc)
- Experience with data engineering at scale
- Expertise in large-scale cloud infrastructure, e.g. G-Cloud or AWS
- Familiarity with vehicle systems, robotics or game engines such as Unreal or Unity
- Experience with hardware-in-the-loop simulation
- Publications on simulation technologies for deep learning or other vehicle systems
- Competitive salaries, generous equity, and benefits including 401K, medical, dental & vision
- Regularly scheduled on and off-site team building activities
- Free catered lunches, snacks, and drinks
- Start-up environment where you’ll help shape the culture and have a huge impact
- Work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people
- Be at ground zero of the AV revolution!