Vice President, People
Mountain View, CA /
People Experience – People & Culture /
Gatik, the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics, delivers goods safely and efficiently using its fleet of light & medium-duty trucks. The company focuses on short-haul, business-to-business (B2B) logistics for the retail industry, enabling its customers to optimize their hub-and-spoke supply chain operations, enhance inventory pooling across multiple locations, reduce labor costs and meet the unprecedented demand for contactless delivery.
We are looking for a bold, strategic Vice President, People to lead our Talent and Culture function. A proven leader with a clear vision for how we can attract, support, engage and retain world-class technically astute, and operationally focused teams. This position is a key strategic role in the company helping to grow the business and allowing us to build a unique and strong people-oriented culture at Gatik.
Working closely with the CEO and as a part of the Executive Team, you will be the company’s thought leader on people and culture. You will create hiring, employee engagement, and retention strategies that support Gatik’s rapid growth and the growth of our team members.
The ideal candidate is hands-on and committed to providing a best-in-class employee experience, and an experienced leader looking to take on the exciting challenge of building out a critical function within a fast-paced, high-growth organization.
What You’ll Accomplish: the primary expectations for this role and key success criteria:
Bold, Innovative, and Strategic: our Vice President, People will bring big, bold ideas – with a bias-for-action and an ability to execute – to our people teams. S/he will be smart, forward-thinking, and strategic with ability to align our people programs to emerging talent trends.
- People Strategy: Sets the overall people strategy in conjunction with the executive team. Identifies critical strategic opportunities and challenges and partners with the executive team to develop compelling, integrated people strategies to maximize organization growth and revenue generation opportunities.
- Business Partner: Develop effective partnership across the Executive Team: become a trusted partner who understands the business and represents and embodies the best interests of the company. Provides appropriate advice, feedback, and development resources to improve the effectiveness of individuals and teams, including the executive team.
- Culture: Continually improves company culture, bringing our passion for an accountable, diverse, inclusive workforce to everyday life. Actively supports an organizational culture that enhances brand identity, reflects inclusive & inspiring values, and maximizes empowerment and performance.
People and Operations Savvy: Talent is the heart of the business. We will realize our mission & opportunity only when we effectively source, recruit, onboard, and develop people. The ideal leader will have deep expertise and proven experience in building and executing talent operations for an advanced technology and research-oriented business.
- Talent Acquisition: Designs and delivers a strategic mix of technology, people, and processes to attract, onboard and retain best-in-class talent in every role. Provides the advice and support required to acquire appropriate job candidates. Establishes an onboarding program designed to support growth rate.
- People Engagement: Design and delivery programs and initiatives that maximize employee engagement. An architect for effective strategies, programs, and processes that scale to impact the entire organization.
- Talent Development: Develops methods for building, mobilizing, and evaluating our people. Oversees scalable training paths and an internal development path for team members. Identifies training solutions to provide rich career experiences.
Process-oriented and systematic: The ideal leader will embed people excellence into HR systems and processes. She/he will prioritize the application of technology to enable our workforce and ease administration.
- Total Rewards: Develops a Total Rewards strategy to reward, recognize, and motivate employees. Evaluates and optimizes our benefits and compensation programs, ensuring we can attract top talent and meet our employees' needs.
- Legal and Compliance: Identify legal, compliance, and regulatory requirements affecting Human Resources (i.e. EEO, Wage & Hour, FMLA, etc.) that are applicable to the Company's operations; Develop the Company's employment policies and handbooks and administer the policies and related processes to ensure proper compliance
- Employee Relations: Advise, counsel, educate team members concerning employment issues, and facilitate the resolution of employment-related issues as necessary
What You Bring: Position Requirements
- The ideal candidate is not solely a "traditional" Human Resources leader, but a business leader that has served in Human Resources leadership roles. He/she must have business acumen; an inclusive work style/personality; and broad HR experience in talent operations (acquisition, development, and performance management), compensation, and benefits.
- Minimum of ten years of Human Resources and related experience, with progressive management and leadership responsibility;
- 5+ years of experience as the primary human resources or people/talent point-of-contact within deep technology / high-growth company or business unit;
- Strong working knowledge of all human resources functional areas including recruiting, onboarding, training and development, employee relations, performance management, compensation, and benefits;
- Experience building out centralized recruitment and talent operations programs, including technology, process, and people-alignment;
- Knowledge of human resources compliance and regulations and industry best practices.
- Previous experience working on executive and leadership teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High emotional intelligence, and an ability to navigate and discuss challenging but important topics
- Proven ability to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders, and to develop pragmatic solutions to people-related topics