Lead Software Engineer, Autonomous Driving
Toronto, ON /
At Gatik we’re developing Level 4 automated light trucks and vans for business to business (B2B) short-haul logistics. Our autonomous vehicles reduce the high cost of urban logistics, while improving safety, increasing efficiency, reducing congestion and emissions, and allowing businesses to best serve the community.
Led by a team of AV researchers and engineers from Carnegie Mellon University, we are building new concepts and groundbreaking solutions for autonomous vehicles to ensure goods are transported between business locations both efficiently and affordably in city environments. With offices in Palo Alto and Toronto, we are dedicated to building commercial applications of AVs and aim to power the next generation of self-driving commercial fleets for urban logistics.
We're looking for high-energy, creative and collaborative candidates who would like to work in a growing fast-paced, execution-oriented team. If you’re curious and passionate about Level 4 autonomous driving, we'd like to meet you!
- Architect and develop highly scalable backend and frontend software
- Lead and grow the engineering team in Toronto for product development and testing
- Contribute 50% hands on development and 50% lead/architect
- Drive the testing, documentation, verification and productization of the algorithms
- Mentor junior engineers on your team, and perform thorough and helpful code reviews
- Ph.D. degree in Machine Learning, CS or related field
- Skilled software developer with experience in C/C++, Python and/or CUDA
- 4+ years professional experience in Robotics or Autonomous Vehicle projects
- Deep understanding and practical experience in full navigation stack from top level route planners to low level controllers
- Prior experience using deep learning models like CNN/R-CNN
- Familiarity with various sensor technologies such as LIDAR, cameras, IMU, etc. and sensor fusion
- Self-starter; the ability to own projects with little oversight
- 5+ years experience leading a 20 person (or more) team developing or testing software, robotics or system engineering product as manager or higher positions
- Experience in software design for safety-critical systems
- Experience with cloud computing architecture preferred
- Experience with GPU based algorithms using CUDA
- Strong leadership and solid project management skills
- Competitive salaries, generous equity, and benefits including medical, dental & vision
- Regularly scheduled on and off-site team building activities
- Free catered lunches, snacks, and drinks
- Start-up environment where you’ll help shape the culture and have a huge impact
- Work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people
- Be at ground zero of the AV revolution!