Data Annotation Coordinator
At Gatik we’re developing Level 4 automated light trucks and vans for business to business (B2B) short-haul logistics. Founded by AV researchers and engineers from CMU with more than a decade of experience of building autonomous vehicles and robots, we are creating new concepts and groundbreaking solutions for AVs to move freight efficiently and affordably in a city environment.
If you’re passionate about developing Autonomous Vehicles (AV), have earned the qualifications below, and see yourself as a lifelong learner who enjoys building initiatives from the ground-up – consistently curious and boasting a proven track record of delivering complex projects at the intersection of fleet management and technology – this position may be a great fit for you! We have our offices in Palo Alto & Toronto and are looking for high-energy, creative and collaborative candidates who would like to join a growing, fast-paced, execution-oriented team.
Your essential goal will be to manage a team of data annotators, and ensure the efficiency and quality of work. By playing a key role between technical team and annotation team, your performance will be evaluated by your sense of responsibility, motivation, management skills and communication skills.
- Drive a culture of quality first across all aspects of the role
- Develop and improve internal tools for managing progress of labeling for various assets
- Be self-motivated and demonstrate good judgement that requires minimal supervision throughout the work day in order to thrive in a fast paced, high stress environments
- Provide feedback for improvements to existing tooling that can increase annotation throughput and quality
- Manage several projects in parallel, meet deadlines and provide visibility to the broader team
- Manage the individual Data Annotators and advise on any labeling edge cases
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and implement new concepts
- Proficient computer skills, including basic troubleshooting with the ability to utilize proprietary tools
- Experience using python, terminal scripts, and git
- Crucial role in a young, dynamic, and fast-growing team
- Competitive salaries, generous equity, and benefits including medical, dental & vision
- Regularly scheduled on and off-site team building activities
- Free catered lunches, snacks, and drinks
- Work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people