Network Engineer, Connected & Automated Vehicles
Palo Alto, CA /
At Gatik we’re developing Level 4 automated light trucks and vans for business to business (B2B) short-haul logistics. Our autonomous vehicles reduce the high cost of urban logistics, while improving safety, increasing efficiency, reducing congestion and emissions, and allowing businesses to best serve the community.
Led by a team of AV researchers and engineers from Carnegie Mellon University, we are building new concepts and groundbreaking solutions for autonomous vehicles to ensure goods are transported between business locations both efficiently and affordably in city environments. With offices in Palo Alto and Toronto, we are dedicated to building commercial applications of AVs and aim to power the next generation of self-driving commercial fleets for urban logistics.
We're looking for high-energy, creative and collaborative candidates who would like to be involved in all aspects of growing a fast-paced, execution-oriented team. If you’re curious and passionate about Level 4 autonomous driving, we'd like to meet you!
- Build out the infrastructure and tools to manage Gatik’s pipeline of vehicle data & telemetry
- Support real-time teleoperation/remote oversight of self driving vehicles
- Design and make recommendations for security solutions that apply to the software to satisfy self-driving automotive security guidelines and requirements
- Build and maintain various network, desktop, and server-side applications
- Support standard network monitoring and reporting tools
- Develop standards-based network designs for company’s office and backbone infrastructure
- Bachelor's or M.S degree in CS or related field
- Excellent software development skills in C/C++ and/or Python
- 2+ years experience building network and communication software
- 3+ years experience building scalable backend infrastructure
- Middleware experience with RTPS systems such as DDS
- Strong understanding of protocols, TCP/IP, and packet routing
- Deep understanding of computer architecture, operating system fundamentals
- Masters degree in CS or related field
- Programming experience in Python, Bash, Golang, C++, etc.
- Experience managing cloud and in-house server infrastructure
- Experience working with Docker development and deployment workflows
- 5+ experience in embedded software development in Linux environment
- Hands-on experience with development in addition to experience in software security
- Competitive salaries, generous equity, and benefits including 401K, medical, dental & vision
- Regularly scheduled on and off-site team building activities
- Free catered lunches, snacks, and drinks
- Start-up environment where you’ll help shape the culture and have a huge impact
- Work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people