Senior DevOps Engineer
At Gatik we’re developing Level 4 automated light trucks and vans for business to business (B2B) short-haul logistics. Our autonomous vehicles reduce the high cost of urban logistics, while improving safety, increasing efficiency, reducing congestion and emissions, and allowing businesses to best serve the community.
Led by a team of AV researchers and engineers from Carnegie Mellon University, we are building new concepts and groundbreaking solutions for autonomous vehicles to ensure goods are transported between business locations both efficiently and affordably in city environments. With offices in Palo Alto and Toronto, we are dedicated to building commercial applications of AVs and aim to power the next generation of self-driving commercial fleets for urban logistics.
We're looking for looking for Senior DevOps engineers for deploying, automating, maintaining, troubleshooting, and improving infrastructure platforms. If you are a software engineer who's curious and passionate about Level 4 autonomous driving, we'd like to meet you!
- Develop scalable training and evaluation tools and infrastructure
- Setup of development and deployment platforms, including tools like IDE, build/debug/profiling tools, network troubleshooting tools, and deployment of Docker containers and virtual networks
- Create scripts and templates to build cloud-based and stand-alone development systems for our software engineers
- Build, release, and configuration management of production systems
- System troubleshooting across platform and application domains
- Manage the cloud instances and backend components
- Master's or Ph.D. degree in CS or related field
- Skilled software developer with fluency in C/C++ and/or Python
- 5+ years of experience in Linux scripting, secure server setup and maintenance
- Experience in CI management and deployment tools like Jenkins, Git, Bash etc.
- Experience using Debian/Ubuntu Linux OS, containers (Docker/Kubernetes), configuration management using tools such as Vagrant, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Saltstack, etc.
- Experience with deploying software on either public clouds (eg. AWS) or on-premise clusters
- Experience with scripting (Bash, Python), application development (C/C++, Java), and unit testing (JUnit, GTest, Py.Test/Nose)
- Familiarity with one or more neural network frameworks, such as Tensorflow, Caffe & Torch
- Experience with static analysis and code coverage tooling such as roslint, cpplint etc.
- 3+ years of experience in a DevOps role working on a large scale software product
- Experience with databases, such as MySQL, Postgres and InfluxDB
- Deep understanding of GPU architecture
- Competitive salaries, generous equity, and benefits including medical, dental & vision
- Regularly scheduled on and off-site team building activities
- Free catered lunches, snacks, and drinks
- Start-up environment where you’ll help shape the culture and have a huge impact
- Work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people
- Be at ground zero of the AV revolution!