Senior Software Engineer - Teleoperations
Palo Alto, CA /
At Gatik we’re developing Level 4 automated light trucks and vans for business to business (B2B) short-haul logistics. Our autonomous vehicles reduce the high cost of urban logistics, while improving safety, increasing efficiency, reducing congestion and emissions, and allowing businesses to best serve the community.
Led by a team of AV researchers and engineers from Carnegie Mellon University, we are building new concepts and groundbreaking solutions for autonomous vehicles to ensure goods are transported between business locations both efficiently and affordably in city environments. With offices in Palo Alto and Toronto, we are dedicated to building commercial applications of AVs and aim to power the next generation of self-driving commercial fleets for urban logistics.
We are seeking talented software engineers to help us build innovative tools, telemetry and remote control systems for our AVs. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
- Build components of a distributed system that enables safe teleoperation of vehicles
- Develop a world-class remote controlling and monitoring infrastructure
- Build the core communication system and cloud platform to connect AVs and remote operators
- Drive the testing, documentation, verification and integration of the your system
- Masters’ degree in CS, Robotics or related field
- 5+ years general software engineering experience
- Skilled software developer with experience writing C++ in production environment
- Middleware experience with RTPS systems such as DDS
- Experience in software design for safety-critical systems
- Deep technical understanding of distributed systems, networking, real-time systems, and video compression
- Experience with LTE standards and architecture
- Strong leadership and solid project management skills
- Experience with ROS/ROS2 framework
- Experience with AWS, Docker and CI/CD workflows
- Qt or similar UI framework experience
- Experience with peer-to-peer networking technology, such as WebRTC
- Experience in developing highly robust, safety-centered applications
- Competitive salaries, generous equity, and benefits including medical, dental & vision
- Regularly scheduled on and off-site team building activities
- Free catered lunches, snacks, and drinks
- Start-up environment where you’ll help shape the culture and have a huge impact
- Work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people
- Be at ground zero of the AV revolution!