Palo Alto, CA /
At Gatik we’re developing Level 4 automated light trucks and vans for business to business (B2B) short-haul logistics. Our autonomous vehicles reduce the high cost of urban logistics, while improving safety, increasing efficiency, reducing congestion and emissions, and allowing businesses to best serve the community.
Led by a team of AV researchers and engineers from Carnegie Mellon University, we are building new concepts and groundbreaking solutions for autonomous vehicles to ensure goods are transported between business locations both efficiently and affordably in city environments. With offices in Palo Alto and Toronto, we are dedicated to building commercial applications of AVs and aim to power the next generation of self-driving commercial fleets for urban logistics.
We're looking for high-energy, creative and collaborative candidates with strong interest in rapid prototyping and testing. This candidate will work closely with a multidisciplinary team spanning both hardware and software to define, design, test, and integrate self-driving vehicle systems. If you like solving hard problems and are passionate about technology, we'd like to meet you!
- Test, validate, and iterate designs to meet strict performance requirements with aggressive deadlines
- Rapidly prototype proof-of-concept designs
- Perform simulation and analysis to influence component and system design
- Provide Field of View simulation of sensors in 3D environment
- Lead design, prototype, analyze, iterate, validate and build sensors mounting system for our AVs
- Create and maintain Bill of Material (BOM), 2D Drawings, Request for Quote (RFQ) and work closely with external partners to source parts for all mechanical systems
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent with 5+ years of industry experience
- Strong understanding of mechanical engineering fundamentals and hands on mechanical aptitude
- Proficiency in 3D CAD (Solidworks, Autodesk Inventor, Rhinoceros 2)
- Experience with tolerance analysis, GD&T, BOM management, PLM release processes
- Hands on Experience in prototype and low volume production: CNC, laser cut, 3D printing (PDM, SLA and SLS), urethane casting, sheet metal, welding etc.
- Hobbyists with significant DIY experience and a demonstrated record of executing solid design into great product
- Understanding of automotive requirements and qualification processes
- Knowledge of rapid prototyping, design-for-manufacture, design-for-test, and design-of-experiments
- Electro-mechanical experience with control drawings for PCBAs, connector selection, harness specification, and shielding requirements
- FEA and/or CFD experience in simulation tools such as ANSYS, SolidWorks simulation, or similar CAE tools
- Competitive salaries, generous equity, and benefits including medical, dental & vision
- Regularly scheduled on and off-site team building activities
- Free catered lunches, snacks, and drinks
- Start-up environment where you’ll help shape the culture and have a huge impact
- Work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people
- Be at ground zero of the AV revolution!