Systems Integration and Test Engineer
Palo Alto, CA /
At Gatik we’re developing Level 4 automated light trucks and vans for business to business (B2B) short-haul logistics. Our autonomous vehicles reduce the high cost of urban logistics, while improving safety, increasing efficiency, reducing congestion and emissions, and allowing businesses to best serve the community.
Led by a team of AV researchers and engineers from Carnegie Mellon University, we are building new concepts and groundbreaking solutions for autonomous vehicles to ensure goods are transported between business locations both efficiently and affordably in city environments. With offices in Palo Alto and Toronto, we are dedicated to building commercial applications of AVs and aim to power the next generation of self-driving commercial fleets for urban logistics.
We're looking for high-energy, creative and collaborative candidates with strong software engineering skills. If you like solving hard problems and are passionate about technology, we'd like to meet you!
- Develop and execute test plans and procedures for testing self-driving vehicles
- Troubleshoot and debug issues in the field and trace failures to correct subsystems
- Thoroughly document issues encountered during testing and validation
- Use automated, functional, performance, stress, regression, white-box, black-box, and soak testing methodologies to test systems, subsystems, and products efficiently
- Understand the robot system and complex interactions between subsystems
- Drive a culture of safety first across all aspects of the role
- BS in computer science, robotics, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of test engineering experience in the automobile, robotics, or aerospace industry
- Expert in C++ programming skills
- Familiarity with ROS and Python
- Experience in the design and/or validation of vehicle, robotics, or software development for safety critical systems
- Interest in travel to support integration and testing of software at various testing locations (up to 20% travel possible)
- M.S. in robotics, computer science, autonomous systems or a related field
- Deep knowledge of testing methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases, and debugging
- Experience in driving automotive vehicles; Have and maintain a US Driver's License with clean driving record
- Experience with Python testing frameworks (Pytest, robot, etc.)
- Competitive salaries, generous equity, and benefits including medical, dental & vision
- Regularly scheduled on and off-site team building activities
- Free catered lunches, snacks, and drinks
- Start-up environment where you’ll help shape the culture and have a huge impact
- Work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people
- Be at ground zero of the AV revolution!