Deep Learning Software Engineer
Toronto, ON /
At Gatik we’re developing Level 4 automated light trucks and vans for business to business (B2B) short-haul logistics. Our autonomous vehicles reduce the high cost of urban logistics, while improving safety, increasing efficiency, reducing congestion and emissions, and allowing businesses to best serve the community.
Led by a team of AV researchers and engineers from Carnegie Mellon University, we are building new concepts and groundbreaking solutions for autonomous vehicles to ensure goods are transported between business locations both efficiently and affordably in city environments. With offices in Palo Alto and Toronto, we are dedicated to building commercial applications of AVs and aim to power the next generation of self-driving commercial fleets for urban logistics.
We're looking for high-energy, creative and collaborative candidates who would like to work in a growing fast-paced, execution-oriented team. If you’re curious and passionate about Level 4 autonomous driving, we'd like to meet you!
- Develop tools to generate and manage big training datasets for different Deep Learning models
- Develop scalable training and evaluation tools and infrastructure
- Analyze point cloud and radar raw sensor data and apply machine learning technologies
- Design, build and maintain large-scale production machine/deep learning pipelines
- Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Machine Learning, CS or related field
- Skilled software developer with experience in C/C++, Python and/or CUDA
- Worked with one or more neural network frameworks, such as Tensorflow, Caffe & Torch
- Strong quantitative background
- Experience with sensor data processing, environment modeling, large-scale point-cloud processing, or machine learning
- Experience with a wide variety of Deep Learning Models (e.g. LSTM, RNN, CNN, GAN, etc.)
- Self-starter; the ability to own projects with little oversight
- Track record of building and shipping machine learning features in products
- Experience in software design for safety-critical systems
- Experience with sensor modalities used in robotics and automated driving applications (Camera/Vision, Radar, LiDAR, INS/IMU)
- Demonstrated academic or industry experience in developing novel deep learning models
- Deep understanding of GPU architecture
- Experience with distributed computing
- Competitive salaries, generous equity, and benefits including medical, dental & vision
- Regularly scheduled on and off-site team building activities
- Free catered lunches, snacks, and drinks
- Start-up environment where you’ll help shape the culture and have a huge impact
- Work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people
- Be at ground zero of the AV revolution!