New York City / San Francisco / Remote /
Gauntlet’s mission is to drive adoption and understanding of the financial systems of the future. Gauntlet is the platform for off-chain intelligence that drives on-chain efficiency in Decentralized Finance (DeFi). We work with protocols to manage risk, improve capital efficiency, and manage incentive spend. We also publish cutting-edge research and aim to take a leading role in defining market risk standards across the industry.
Gauntlet is building infrastructure that allows us to simulate and stress-test blockchain protocols, contracts, and network interactions at scale over a wide range of market conditions. Our models ingest a wide range of on-chain and off-chain data, and are continuously calibrated to the current crypto market structure so that our recommendations are always up-to-date. These models and infrastructure power our platform that currently manages risk and optimizes incentives for over $40B in assets.
We’re looking for someone to drive a new product vertical at the company. As a PM at Gauntlet, you will have a large scope to chart the roadmap for this vertical, working with Engineering, Sales, and Product leadership to ensure product-market fit and customer value. You will interface tightly with engineers to ensure that the roadmap and milestones you define are being hit. Like at any quickly growing start-up, we’re looking for someone who can grow into a leadership role quickly, but is not afraid to get their hands dirty early on.
- Define the roadmap for an early product vertical within the company
- Work with clients and development teams to manage deliverables, scope and timelines
- Improve and streamline Gauntlet’s model development process
- Identify issues and work with sales, design, and engineering to drive improvements to our product
- Drive the use of reusable components across our projects to improve our development speed over time
- Write content, both for clients and their users, that explains the work we have done
- Drive other internal initiatives at the company as we scale
- Conduct user studies to validate and iterate on product ideas
- Define and own what success looks like for this vertical
- Deep passion for the user; able to translate user needs into tangible outputs
- Strong familiarity with Crypto protocols and DeFi products
- Good with numbers - should be comfortable with data and data visualization
- Experience managing software complex software development projects including building machine learning systems or other statistical models
- Excellent technical writing ability and communication skills
- Deep analytic, prioritization and problem solving skills
- 2-4 years of experience working with engineering or data science teams, either in a technical or product role (able to talk the talk)
- Open to critical feedback, how to take it in stride, and how to course correct
- You farmed $YAMs
- You have a favorite DeFi protocol
- You have an understanding of the risks in defi protocols