Director of Finance
Gauntlet’s mission is to help make blockchain protocols and smart contracts safer and more trustworthy for users. Building decentralized systems creates new challenges for protocol developers, smart contract developers, and asset holders that are not seen in traditional development and investing. Gauntlet is building a blockchain simulation and testing platform that leverages battle-tested techniques from other industries to emulate interactions in crypto networks. Simulation provides transparency and greatly reduces the cost of experimentation so that teams can rapidly design, launch, and scale new decentralized systems.
Our goal is to make building an agent-based simulation for blockchains and smart contracts as streamlined as possible. At the core of our infrastructure stack is a blazing fast C++ engine that allows us to simulate protocols, contracts, and network interactions millions of times faster than they run in reality.
We’re looking for someone to own all things finance for our business. You’ll work cross functionally with Sales, Operations, and Engineering to ensure that we efficiently deploy our financial resources to drive product growth. We’re the first B2DAO company - we work almost exclusively with DAO customers and this makes finance and operations a challenge. We’re looking for someone who can not just help us operate efficiently, but define the standard for a new type of business model that hasn’t been seen before.
- Assess new investment and lending opportunities from a strategic, financial, and portfolio perspective
- Design financial operation systems, policies, and procedures.
- Treasury management for our large and growing Crypto-portfolio and legacy fiat assets
- Maintain market research and valuation analyses on protocols to evaluate opportunities and enhance decision-making
- Identify new opportunities for growth as well as optimizations to current business
- Create and maintain planning, budgeting, and forecasting
- Tie budgets to measurable business outcomes
- Coordinate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reviews
- Track key performance metrics and monitor business performance
- Provide management with insights into revenue, expenses, and financial risks and opportunities
- Provide data for investors and manage investor relationships
- Manage accounts receivable, payable, and other core transactional activities for the business
- 5+ years of experience within FP&A, Banking, or Corporate Finance or similar relevant experience
- Experience in a startup environment, in either Operations, Finance or Product
- Passion for Cryptocurrency, Fintech, and Decentralized Financial markets, experience in crypto strongly preferred
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- String written communication skills, experience producing high-quality public content a plus
- You are detail oriented, self-motivated and can independently set direction to drive value
- You are ruthlessly driven to solve problems and set up resilient process and procedures to ensure those solutions work over time and scale