New York City / San Francisco / Los Angeles / Remote
Gauntlet is DeFi’s risk manager. We drive capital efficiency while maintaining economic safety for some of the largest crypto protocols with our simulations. Gauntlet manages risk and incentives for over $9 Billion in assets.
Gauntlet continuously publishes cutting-edge research, making us the most cited peer-reviewed articles in the DeFi industry. We’re a Series B company with ~60 employees operating remote-first with a home base in New York City.
Gauntlet is looking for an experienced content marketing manager to oversee our content marketing operation across all owned and partner communication channels. Thought-provoking and insightful publishing is at the heart of Gauntlet’s contributions to our industry.
This role will report directly to the Head of Marketing and will be responsible for the planning, production, and measurement of Gauntlet’s content marketing throughout the full funnel. Work will include collaboration with the business development team, product team, and external partners and agencies. A successful contributor will be highly driven, thoughtful, and communicative about how to make an impact on Gauntlet’s success, and will gain operating experience at a high-growth, venture-backed fintech startup building at the cutting edge of decentralized finance.
- Own the content planning and production process end to end: editorial calendar, briefing, copy/graphics production, SEO, publishing, and reporting
- Manage the content production workstream with ultimate responsibility for timely deliverables from multiple staff/agency writers and designers
- Research, brief, and copywrite nontechnical and light-technical content for e.g., social, website, sales collateralIncorporate Gauntlet’s brand guidelines, product marketing documentation, messaging strategy, and content analytics into editorial choices
- Develop hypotheses and experiments to improve content effectiveness
- Align quarterly goals and editorial calendar with business objectives
- Define and improve content production processes, including writer and agency onboarding and deliverable-tracking
- Manage launch of new content marketing channels
- 4+ years demonstrated experience in a newsroom or brand/agency content marketing role, with a focus on content marketing, copywriting, or journalism
- Experience planning, managing, and reporting on a content calendarExcellent marketing copywriting ability
- Familiarity with fundamental marketing principles and metrics (e.g., segments, funnel, reach, engagement)
- Independent and capable of succeeding in a startup: proactive, goal-oriented, and comfortable with ambiguity
- Interest in DeFi and DAOs (personal or professional)
- SEO keyword research
- Podcast and video production
- Experience coordinating deliverables from multiple sources e.g., staff, freelance, agency
- B2B experience with MQL/SQL and enterprise sales enablement
Benefits and Perks
- Remote first - work from anywhere in the US & CAN!
- Regular in-person company retreats and cross-country "office visit" perk
- 100% paid medical, dental and vision premiums for employees
- Laptop, monitor, keyboard and mouse setup provided
- $1,000 WFH stipend
- Monthly reimbursement for home internet, phone, and cellular data
- Unlimited vacation
- 100% paid parental leave of 12 weeks
- Fertility benefits
- Opportunity for incentive compensation
Please note at this time our hiring is reserved for potential employees who are able to work within the contiguous United States and Canada. Should you need alternative accommodations, please note that in your application.
The national pay range for this role is $130,000 - $150,000 base plus additional On Target Earnings potential by level and equity in the company. Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for a company of our size and industry, and are one part of many compensation, benefits and other reward opportunities we provide. Individual pay rate decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skill set, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company.