New York City / San Francisco / Remote /
Gauntlet’s mission is to drive adoption and understanding of the financial systems of the future. Gauntlet is the platform for off-chain intelligence that drives on-chain efficiency in Decentralized Finance (DeFi). We work with protocols to manage risk, improve capital efficiency, and manage incentive spend. We also publish cutting-edge research and aim to take a leading role in defining market risk standards across the industry.
Gauntlet is building infrastructure that allows us to simulate and stress-test blockchain protocols, contracts, and network interactions at scale over a wide range of market conditions. Our models ingest a wide range of on-chain and off-chain data, and are continuously calibrated to the current crypto market structure so that our recommendations are always up-to-date. These models and infrastructure power our platform that currently manages risk and optimizes incentives for over $40B in assets.
You will be responsible for leading and building out the analytics function at Gauntlet to develop automated solutions, analyze on-chain data to provide insights for internal and external customers, and drive strategic decisions-making with data.
- Build and manage a team of data analysts and direct the development of automated systems for providing real-time intelligence on the Decentralized Finance (DeFi) ecosystem
- Set the vision and roadmap for the analytics function at Gauntlet, looking beyond immediate asks to prioritize initiatives that will enable the team to scale to meet its future needs
- Work in tandem with Growth, Product and Engineering teams to break down complex projects into tangible milestones
- Empower Gauntlet's customers, Growth, Finance, and Engineering teams to make better decisions with data
- Coach and mentor direct reports to reach personal and company goals
- Partner with Recruiting to grow the team (with an emphasis on diversity and inclusion)
- 5+ years of analytical experience in consulting, data analytics, data science, or related technical experience
- Proven ability to mentor and coach more junior team members
- Ability to balance long-term thinking and planning with short-term execution on tactical goals
- You can translate complex findings and results into a concise and compelling narrative
- Expert at doing data analysis on large datasets using query languages like SQL
- Comfortable writing scripts and doing predictive modeling in Python
Benefits and Perks
- Remote first - work from anywhere!
- Regular in-person company retreats and cross-country "office visit" perk
- 100% paid medical, dental and vision premiums for employees
- Laptop, monitor, keyboard and mouse setup provided
- $1,000 WFH stipend upon joining
- $100 per month reimbursement for fitness-related expenses
- Monthly reimbursement for home internet, phone, and cellular data
- Unlimited vacation
- 100% paid parental leave of 12 weeks
- Fertility benefits
- Opportunity for incentive compensation
- Demonstrated knowledge or interest in DeFi, crypto, blockchain