Finance & Operations /
A BIT ABOUT US
GBatteries was founded eight years ago to tackle one of the world’s most pressing issues: the transition to a cleaner future through electrification. We are pioneering battery technology which enables ultra-fast charging of Li-ion batteries without compromising battery life — and without changing the battery’s chemistry or manufacturing process. Ultimately, our mission is to accelerate the mass adoption of electric vehicles.
We are working on some of the biggest challenges in energy storage, and are looking for the right people to join us as we develop our technology and continue to scale.
THE OPPORTUNITY AND THE ROLE
As a Project Coordinator, you will be working with a fast-moving team of engineers and scientists to build, integrate, and execute a pipeline that will streamline the completion of tasks and milestones for our projects. Tasks include coordinating with lead project manager to support the execution of tasks for company-wide projects, documenting meeting notes for R&D teams, and organizing company-wide meetings and events. You’ll be involved in identifying and addressing areas of improvement in project related R&D processes.
This is an exciting opportunity to work at the crossroads of design, engineering, and business objectives, and have a significant impact on the deployment of our battery technologies. This is a highly technical environment where you'll be working closely with different engineering teams.
You’ll join a small but growing operations team where everyone is striving to constantly improve their knowledge of infrastructure, systems, and cares about creating dependable products. While we are still growing and have plenty to do, we are incredibility supportive of each other and pitch in to support our peers when problems arise.
THE SKILL SET
- Completed an Undergraduate Degree in Engineering, Mechanical, Computer Science, or in a related field
- Demonstrated understanding of project management principles and practices, including creating and monitoring schedules, budgets, meeting agendas, status reporting and risk/issue management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience communicating and consulting with project executives, stakeholders, and contractors
- Experience with project management software (ex. LiquidPlanner / Teamwork / Zogo Projects / ClickUp / GanttPro / MS Project / MS Planner)
- Strong time management and organizational skills are essential
Nice to have:
- Professional Project Management certification (PMP / CAPM / CompTIA Project+) or working towards it would be considered an asset
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU'LL...
- Become familiar with our battery technology and get a high-level understanding of the projects the team is working on and how they fit in with the company’s goals
- Become familiar with the operations of the company through our company pipelines
- Begin working with the research & development team and continuously learn how their team operates
- Be documenting project scope, goals and deliverables in collaboration with lead project manager and stakeholders
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU'LL...
- Begin working with team leads to maintain realistic, well thought out schedules for various hardware- and software-based projects
- Begin identifying and addressing areas of improvement in project related research & development processes
- Begin integrating a pipeline that will streamline the completion of tasks and milestones for projects, specifically for the research & development team
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU'LL...
- Build out pipeline that will streamline the completion of tasks and milestones for R&D projects, and making multiple pipeline integrations and executions within the company
- Be working with and update senior management on the status of the projects via reports and meetings
WHAT WE OFFER
We are working on many exciting projects towards our ultimate goal of breaking down the final barrier preventing the adoption of electric vehicles; range anxiety. We’re a growing company working with some of the largest manufacturers in the world, and there’s still a huge amount to do. You’ll be able to see the impact of your work from day one, and have the opportunity to see the final effect on real world products. We encourage unconventional thinking, and seek resilient problem solvers who aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty.
HOW TO APPLY
Is the idea of enabling the global mass adoption of electric vehicles exciting to you? We’d love to hear from you! To apply please include a short message addressed to Henry Rearden within the application below; no cover letter necessary. If you have any questions, or just want to say hello, feel free to reach out to Vlad Belov on LinkedIn.
We particularly value diversity, and we know that experience comes in many forms. If your unique experience is close to what we’re looking for, please still consider applying.