Technical Project Manager (Customer-facing)
Business & Marketing /
A BIT ABOUT US
GBatteries was founded nine years ago to tackle one of the world’s most pressing issues: the transition to a cleaner future through electrification. We are pioneering battery technology which enables ultra-fast charging of Li-ion batteries without compromising battery life — and without changing the battery’s chemistry or manufacturing process. Ultimately, our mission is to accelerate the mass adoption of electric vehicles.
We are working on some of the biggest challenges in energy storage, and are looking for the right people to join us as we develop our technology and continue to scale.
THE OPPORTUNITY AND THE ROLE
As a Project Manager at GBatteries, you'll be working shoulder to shoulder with our engineering, battery research, and test teams to guide them towards the successful completion of technical projects while developing reports and presentation to customers who are relying on the outcome of our work. You will work directly with the senior leadership team, aiding in the successful planning, execution and completion of projects part of critical aspects of the company’s roadmap. This is an exciting opportunity to work at the crossroads of design, engineering, and business objectives, and have a significant impact on the deployment of our battery technologies. This is a highly technical environment where you'll be working closely with different engineering teams.
Due to the nature of the physical work many members of GBatteries do, you'll need to be present at our headquarters (1431 Merivale Rd, Ottawa) most of the time to be involved in our projects, with the ability to work remotely when needed. Our team is a mix of on-site, hybrid, and fully remote.
- Technical background (degree or work experience in Engineering, Mechanical, Science, or in a related field)
- Experience in a customer-facing role, creating and delivering presentations
- Industry experience with project management principles and practices, including creating and monitoring schedules, budgets, meeting agendas, status reporting and risk/issue management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience communicating and consulting with project executives, stakeholders, and contractors
WITHIN 1 MONTH YOU'LL...
- Become familiar with our battery technology and get a high-level understanding of the projects the team is working on and how they fit in with the company’s goals
- Become familiar with the operations of the company through our company pipelines
- Begin to build relationships with our customers and project teams
WITHIN 2 MONTHS YOU'LL...
- Begin working with team leads to create realistic, well thought out schedules for various hardware- and software-based projects
- Begin identifying and addressing areas of improvement in project related research & development processes
- Begin regularly producing and delivering presentations to customers, showcasing project progress and results
WITHIN 5 MONTHS YOU'LL...
- Establish yourself as the liaison for projects involving key customer accounts
- Possess intimate knowledge of all ongoing projects, be able to assess, manage, and mitigate project risks
- Use your well-honed analytical abilities to make data-driven decisions in line with our project goals and customer expectations
- Liaise effectively with C-level executives, reporting on project statuses, customer outcomes, and using your expertise to inform and influence strategic decisions
HOW TO APPLY
Is the idea of enabling the global mass adoption of electric vehicles exciting to you? We’d love to hear from you! To apply please include a short message addressed to Henry Rearden within the application below; no cover letter necessary.
We particularly value diversity, and we know that experience comes in many forms. If your unique experience is close to what we’re looking for, please still consider applying.