Battery Research Specialist
Research & Development /
A BIT ABOUT US
GBatteries was founded seven years ago to tackle one of the world’s most pressing issues: the transition to a cleaner future through electrification. We are pioneering battery technology which enables ultra-fast charging of Li-ion batteries without compromising battery life — and without changing the battery’s chemistry or manufacturing process. Ultimately, our mission is to accelerate the mass adoption of electric vehicles.
We are working on some of the biggest challenges in energy storage, and are looking for the right people to join us as we develop our technology and continue to scale.
THE OPPORTUNITY AND THE ROLE
As a Battery Research Specialist, you'll be overlooking battery testing by monitoring provided metrics, and timely identifying unexpected battery behavior. You will responsible for the development of test status reports, and recommendations on test plan adjustments. You’ll be providing research support for our R&D team working on Li-Ion battery charging technics, battery formation process, and future battery chemistries (i.e. Li-Metal, Si). You'll participate in internal battery test data analysis by using available cutting-edge data parsing, machine learning, and visualization tools, and provide test plans to investigate findings.
THE SKILL SET
· Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, electrochemistry, material science, and/or physics
· Min 2 years of electrochemistry related industry experience working in a collaborative R&D team environment is required
· Hands-on experience with tools, laboratory apparatus, and analytical equipment
· Candidates with proficiency in Li-Ion battery technology
Nice to haves:
· Understanding of EIS technics, and experience of running relevant hardware (i.e. potentiostat)
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU'LL...
· Operate battery cell testing equipment with the support of our Battery Test Specialists
· Familiarize yourself with the processes for instrument calibration, cell installation, and cell cycling.
· Understand our scope of battery formation and charging research
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU'LL...
· Manage investigative and characterization testing for ongoing projects, including the development of new test protocols.
· Learn how to make use of our sophisticated data parsing and analysis tools
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU'LL...
· Lead discussions on new experimental and analytical approaches required to advance our research
· Summarize key experimental findings in test status and results reports
· Work with Data Science Team to progress the training of our machine learning algorithms
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU'LL...
· Take ownership of testing, analysis, and experimental direction of Li-ion Formation and Li-Metal research
· Become an integral part of the research team, becoming a key contributor to the development of our proprietary technology and future patent pursuits
WHAT WE OFFER
We are working on many exciting projects towards our ultimate goal of breaking down the final barrier preventing the adoption of electric vehicles; range anxiety. We’re a growing company working with some of the largest manufacturers in the world, and there’s still a huge amount to do. You’ll be able to see the impact of your work from day one and have the opportunity to see the final effect on real world products. We encourage unconventional thinking and seek resilient problem solvers who aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty.
Of course, we also offer other great benefits:
Remote work options, inclusive parking, full dental and health coverage, a renovated and spacious office, and fridge and pantry filled with drinks and snacks. We’re conveniently located near the 417 highway with easy access via major public transit routes, right beside a small park and an assortment of shops and restaurants.
HOW TO APPLY
Is the idea of enabling the global mass adoption of electric vehicles exciting to you? We’d love to hear from you! To apply please include a short message addressed to Henry Rearden within the application below; no cover letter necessary. If you have any questions, or just want to say hello, feel free to reach out to Vlad Belov on LinkedIn.
We particularly value diversity, and we know that experience comes in many forms. If your unique experience is close to what we’re looking for, please still consider applying.