Customer Success Manager
Cambridge, United Kingdom /
Customer Success /
At Gearset, we build a cutting-edge DevOps solution for the millions of developers building applications on Salesforce, the world's biggest enterprise PaaS. In a few short years, Gearset has become the DevOps solution of choice for some of the world’s biggest companies, including IBM, McKesson, and even Salesforce themselves.
Gearset is Cambridge’s fastest growing startup, rocketing from 7 people in 2017 to over 60 today. From the start, we’ve focused on providing truly outstanding support to all our users. Our focus on delighting our users in every interaction is one of the main reasons for our success. It differentiates us from the competition.
What's the opportunity?
We’re looking for a Customer Success Manager to join our growing Customer Success team. This is a varied role which blends deep technical knowledge of our platform and the Salesforce ecosystem with a commercial awareness and drive. Your goal will be to predict and reduce customer churn, streamline our post-sales customer onboarding, and find opportunities for growth in our existing accounts. You’ll run tailored product training sessions and guide technical discussions. You’ll demonstrate how Gearset solves user’s challenges and ensure they receive world-class customer support.
You’ll work in a cross-functional team of developers, salespeople, and marketers. By combining technical expertise and commercial awareness, you’ll maximise sales opportunities and help us drive the growth of the business forwards. Your close user contact will also feed into our ongoing product development, and be the voice of users throughout the company.
After an initial training period on UK hours, you’ll work US East Coast hours (2pm - 10pm UK), helping support our global user base.
- Work closely with the sales team to guide new customers through their onboarding journey and help them get the most from their Gearset subscription
- Build strong relationships with key decision makers and product champions
- Proactively identify accounts at risk of churn, engage with them, and get them back on track through structured customer success plans
- Run effective product training sessions for new and long-time customers, showcasing the app and advising on how to best use it
- Support our sales team with renewals and engagement for important accounts throughout their lifecycle
- Effectively identify and close growth opportunities from our existing customer base
- Be a customer champion, ensuring their views are represented in the company and driving continual improvement in user satisfaction
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent
- A technical predisposition, and the desire to learn
- A customer-centric approach to sales (previous sales / customer success experience would be a bonus)
- Demonstrable exceptional writing skills and attention to detail
- A can-do attitude with a focus on delighting users
- The ability to convey complex technical topics with simplicity
- You'll work 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, in our Cambridge office; hours will primarily be US East Coast (2pm - 10pm UK)
- Salary is £28k - £42k, depending on experience
- Bupa health care
- Flexible working hours
- Free lunch
- You’ll work with an amazing team of friendly, approachable, and knowledgeable people