Process Development Technician
San Leandro, CA /
Process Development – Pilot Plant /
At Geltor we design award-winning ingredients for the world's biggest consumer product companies. Geltor is looking for a Process Development Technician to join our Pilot Plant team in San Leandro, CA.
The Process Development Technician is the first position in our PD career series and offers a great opportunity for someone looking to apply transferable skills into a new role with a clearly defined career path and growth trajectory. As part of our Pilot Plant team, you’ll rely on your ability to follow protocols and flex your problem-solving abilities to operate the manufacturing and production systems that test our scientific technology and validate the ability to scale from small-scale to commercial production.
As the entry position for this job series, we aren’t looking for someone to have experience in a Pilot Plant role. Successful applicants come from diverse backgrounds including manufacturing, repair and maintenance, mechanical operations, coffee/food service, and many more!
- Assemble and disassemble process equipment as instructed or per provided procedure
- Prepare biological media, stock solutions, and buffers according to standard operating procedures to meet or exceed turn-around-time expectations
- Record accurate batch records with methodical approach to media making
- Maintain lab, media prep rooms and chemical storage areas through general cleaning, inventory and organizing storage of lab supplies and glassware and prompt processing of packages and shipments
- Troubleshoot issues in real time; notify supervisor and coordinate with additional personnel as needed
- Display, learn and improve innovative thinking and mechanical aptitude by working hand on with Pilot Scale equipment and scaling up and down tomorrow's process
- Handle various projects and processes from start to finish
As the entry position for this job series, we aren’t looking for someone to have experience in a Pilot Plant role. Successful applicants come from diverse backgrounds including manufacturing, repair and maintenance, mechanical operations, coffee/food service, and many more! Specifically, we are looking for:
- Experience following prescribed protocols/procedures including those that apply to safe workplace practices, ability to problem solve, and a commitment to ongoing learning in the workplace.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, walk, squat, bend, waist twist, kneel, climb stairs/ladders, reaching up to shoulder height, and routinely lift/carry/push/pull up to 50 lbs.
- A positive, open, and intellectually curious team player who embraces the challenges and excitement of an entrepreneurial business
- Cultural and emotional intelligence to develop and nurture collaborative relationships in a diverse environment with global reach.
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to Geltor’s mission
As of January 2nd, 2022, Geltor will require all employees onsite or visiting sites on behalf of Geltor to be fully vaccinated against COVID19 or have a medical or religious exemption.
Geltor designs high-performance, sustainable ingredients for consumer product companies by combining computation, biology and materials science. Our first products are collagen proteins optimized for cosmetics and personal care applications and produced through a proprietary animal-free fermentation process. The company was founded in 2015 and is headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area.
At Geltor we believe the most innovative progress and scientific discoveries happen when we include, celebrate, and embrace difference. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Geltor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.