Director of Personal Care Ingredients
San Leandro, CA
At Geltor we design award-winning ingredients for the world's biggest consumer product companies. Geltor is looking for a DIRECTOR OF PERSONAL CARE INGREDIENTS to join our team. This role can be based in our San Leandro, CA office or remotely in the Los Angeles or greater NYC/New Jersey markets.
Geltor is a rapidly growing bio-design company creating high-value designer proteins, including collagen, for the personal care and nutrition industries. Our ingredient technologies are 100% animal-free, backed by significant efficacy testing, and cultivated using a sustainable process. The Director of Personal Care Ingredients plays a critical and exciting role in developing and managing an expanding product portfolio and in driving business development & sales management efforts. This position reports to our Chief Commercial Officer.
- Develop, present, and manage the personal care ingredient commercialization strategy and product roadmap including product and category growth plans, opportunity assessments and business cases to support new initiatives
- Drive global B2B sales and business development: cultivate relationships with distributors and consumer brands; evaluate new partnerships opportunities; execute supply agreements start-to-finish; deliver organic growth with existing customers and develop relationships with key partners
- Collaborate and coordinate with scientific and development partners, internally and externally, to establish specifications, testing requirements, COGS targets, and project timelines
- Plan and execute go-to-market strategies and promotional plans, including trade marketing and trade show plans, for new personal care ingredients
- Develop and manage sales and volume forecasts, ingredient pricing strategy, proposed cost budget and business unit P&L reports. Participate in monthly reviews with finance.
- Oversee personal care-related B2B market research & consumer testing; identify trends that will drive partnership opportunities; share market insights with internal teams and leadership
- Deliver regular sales reporting and updates to executive, finance and cross-functional teams
- Lead by example, champion Geltor, and uphold company values; coach, motivate, and inspire team members to do the same
- Represent Geltor effectively in external meetings. Influence key decision makers at all levels within potential partner organizations, from front-line teams to top executives.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or scientific discipline or equivalent
- 7+ years of business development and strategic partnership experience in B2B specialty active personal care ingredients space at a managerial level
- Possess knowledge of and passion for science-based personal care ingredients and leading ingredient technologies
- Experience building and managing selling relationships with a range of personal care consumer brands across multiple channels of distribution
- Experience identifying and prioritizing opportunities among a wide field of potential wins
- Strong analytical skills and business modeling skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with compelling presentation skills and the ability to comfortably discuss complex technical concepts with a variety of audiences
- Able to engage cross-functional partners to gain alignment on initiatives and deliverables
- Demonstrated leadership abilities to support, motivate and coach junior team members
- A positive, open, and intellectually curious team player who embraces the challenges and excitement of an entrepreneurial business
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to Geltor’s mission
- Able to travel internationally and domestically approximately 30% of time
- Asia Pacific market experience and Japanese, Chinese or Korean language skills a plus
Geltor designs high-performance, sustainable ingredients for consumer product companies by combining computation, biology and materials science. Our first products are collagen proteins optimized for cosmetics and personal care applications and produced through a proprietary animal-free fermentation process. The company was founded in 2015 and is headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area.