San Leandro, CA
At Geltor we design award-winning ingredients for the world's biggest consumer product companies. Geltor is looking for a HR Coordinator to join our team in San Leandro, CA.
The HR Coordinator is a champion of Geltor’s culture and values and supports the goals and strategies of the People function. As the HR Coordinator you will be involved in activities across the employee life cycle from recruiting new hires to developing our current people while coordinating the administrative functions of HR operations.
Our ideal candidate has a passion for HR and is eager to gain some incredible experience within a fast growing, values driven and innovative company. You will have the opportunity to work closely with the Director of People & Culture to broaden your HR knowledge and drive people programs at Geltor. As a proud member of the People team, you will ensure that employees always have a friendly and informed person to turn to.
- Assist with the recruiting process (job posting, interview scheduling, candidate communication, and ATS management)
- Coordinate new hire onboarding including new hire paperwork and I-9 verification input new team members into all necessary systems; and assist with orientation
- Provide Tier 1 HR support for day-to-day inquiries from employees and leaders on people processes and the interpretation of policies; escalate as needed
- Maintain accurate and compliant employee files and records; track and process employee changes in HR systems and communicate to impacted vendors
- Utilize HR systems to generate reports as needed to support department planning, company operations and executive insights
- Assist with HR projects and processes through research, meeting and materials preparation, drafting communication and coordinating logistics
- Provide general office support for people programs and firmwide initiatives (e.g. office lunch program, perks and benefits, all hands meeting, team building events)
- Coordinate termination process – generate paperwork, schedule exit interviews, update all appropriate systems; process off-cycle payroll requests
- Partner with team, key stakeholders and third-party vendors to deliver excellent service and support to employees
- Bachelor’s degree in HR/Business or related field; or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years as an HR Coordinator, Recruiting Coordinator or HR Assistant; Administrative Assistant
- Desire to learn and grow within HR; passionate about understanding HR process and systems
- Strong analytic and problem-solving capabilities
- Good judgment and exceptional integrity
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to build trust and rapport quickly with a wide variety of people
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including ability to communicate with candidates and team member of all levels across the organization
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive situations and confidential information with discretion
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize and complete assignments amidst tight timelines and competing deadlines; exceptional ability to manage countless details
- A positive attitude, proactive and solution-focused; looks for ways to make things better
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, Outlook, SharePoint) skills. Experience with an HRIS preferred. Previous HR data entry and report running a plus
- Knowledge of labor and employment laws a plus
- May require some overtime hours
Geltor designs high-performance, sustainable ingredients for consumer product companies by combining computation, biology and materials science. Our first products are collagen proteins optimized for cosmetics and personal care applications and produced through a proprietary animal-free fermentation process. The company was founded in 2015 and is headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area.