Business Operations Manager
San Leandro, CA
At Geltor we design award-winning ingredients for the world's biggest consumer product companies. Geltor is looking for a Business Operations Manager to join our team in San Leandro, CA.
This Business Operations Manager will be the connective tissue across the functional groups within Geltor. This role will have an immediate impact on our productivity, driving cross-functional initiatives, overseeing program management, and communicating objectives between departments. The Business Operations Manager will formulate strategic recommendations with actionable insights to help make Geltor more productive and successful. The Bus Ops. Manager will work closely with the Management team and will report to the VP of Finance.
- Drive strategic business initiatives and operational projects from concept through execution; ensure cross-functional partners are informed of initiatives, project timelines and deliverables
- Provide constant and clear communication of objectives, status, tactics, and results to leaders and all relevant stakeholders
- Develop and maintain a reporting framework and dashboard to monitor KPIs and measure critical business/success metrics to track organizational performance and inform decision making
- Quickly tackling process friction in the moment, while developing repeatable, scalable strategic processes to support business operations and drive profitability
- Conduct data-driven strategic analysis (modeling, quantification and prioritization) of business processes and value drivers to identify opportunities for improving operational efficiency
- Translate goals and hiring plans into the company’s operating model to understand impacts to cash flows and path to profitability; monitor financial data and reconcile budget statements
- Collaborate with finance and business unit leaders to help drive quarterly, annual and long-term planning. Help manage the annual planning process, including OKR development, monitoring, and reporting
- Lead by example, champion Geltor, and uphold company values
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Operations Management or similar; MBA preferred
- 5+ years of experience in management consulting, investment banking / venture capital, and/or business operations at an early to late-stage VC-backed company
- Familiarity with biotech, manufacturing, advanced materials preferred
- Demonstrated success in business processes improvement - structuring complex problems, conducting research and analysis, making recommendations and driving execution
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with experience sharing insights through data and distilling complex technical information and strategies into actionable recommendations
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate, influence and work effectively with teams at all levels
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with the ability to effectively prioritize and deliver high-quality projects amidst tight timelines and competing deadlines
- Analytical skills to interpret data, allocate budgets and build models
- Experience with databases and project management software; highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- A positive, open, and intellectually curious team player who embraces the challenges and excitement of an entrepreneurial business;
- Resourceful and able to drive projects autonomously, with limited oversight
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, lean organization amidst a shifting competitive landscape.
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to Geltor’s mission
Geltor designs high-performance, sustainable ingredients for consumer product companies by combining computation, biology and materials science. Our first products are collagen proteins optimized for cosmetics and personal care applications and produced through a proprietary animal-free fermentation process. The company was founded in 2015 and is headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area.