Senior Research Associate (Analytical Chemistry)
San Leandro, CA /
R&D – Analytical /
At Geltor we design award-winning ingredients for the world's biggest consumer product companies. Geltor is looking for a Senior Research Associate to join our Analytical team in San Leandro, CA.
The Senior Research Associate will join our Analytical Chemistry team focused on combining innovative methods and operational excellence to drive product and process development. This role offers the opportunity for an experienced Senior Research Associate with a background in protein science to make an impact by supporting manufacturing and product development. This position will be trusted to run and carry out experiments and help with bringing onboard new analytical assays and methods.
- Independently execute tasks including development of new assays, setting up new HPLC methods for proteins, regular sample handling, and helping to develop analytical methods
- Participate in the generation of hypotheses, independent data analysis, and independent troubleshooting of techniques
- Maintain detailed laboratory notebooks
- Present work at team meetings and functional technical meetings
- Work with vendors, facilities and scientists to arrange for preventative maintenance and repair of equipment including HPLC, FPLC, and PSA instrumentation
- Maintain current knowledge of all currently implemented laboratory protocols and equipment.
- Adhere to all laboratory SOPs relating to personal safety and chemical hygiene
- Lead by example, champion Geltor, uphold company values, and inspire teammates to do the same
- Think critically about complex problems and contribute to the team environment
- BS degree with 4+ years of industrial experience or MS degree with 2+ years of industrial experience, with the degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or a related field and the industrial experience in a protein analysis role
- Hands-on experience with Analytical techniques including FPLC, RP-HPLC, IEX, SEC and Affinity Chromatography, SDS-Page, Colorimetric Assays.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel, and basic computer skills
- Experience with ChemStation or other chromatography software
- Excellent organizational, communication, analytical, computer, and technical writing skills
- Enthusiastic about working as a part of a high-performing team
- Demonstrated capacity to absorb and translate complex scientific information into actionable results A positive, open, and intellectually curious team player who embraces the challenges and excitement of an entrepreneurial business
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to Geltor’s mission
- Strong analytical, data interpretation and problem-solving capabilities to think critically about complex problems and contribute to a team environment
- Cultural and emotional intelligence to develop and nurture collaborative relationships in a diverse environment with global reach.
- Ability to mentor or manage in a diverse team, including commitment to promoting an environment that encourages inclusion, growth, and development.
Supporting Our Team:
- At Geltor, our employees are what matter most. We believe in taking care of our people and their families, so we offer a full spectrum of benefits including:
- Gold level health insurance coverage for you and your dependents through Blue Shield or Kaiser, with Geltor paying 80-100% of premiums for employees and dependents based on plan selection
- Dental and Vision coverage
- 401k with match
- LTD, AD&D, and life insurance
- Flexible time off to refresh and recharge
- Voluntary benefits including cancer and accident coverage
- On campus lunches
- Mental health care through Ginger
- Commuter FSA
- Dependent care FSA
- Paid family leave
As of January 2nd, 2022, Geltor will require all employees onsite or visiting sites on behalf of Geltor to be fully vaccinated against COVID19 or have a medical or religious exemption.
Geltor designs high-performance, sustainable ingredients for consumer product companies by combining computation, biology and materials science. Our first products are collagen proteins optimized for cosmetics and personal care applications and produced through a proprietary animal-free fermentation process. The company was founded in 2015 and is headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area.
At Geltor we believe the most innovative progress and scientific discoveries happen when we include, celebrate, and embrace difference. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Geltor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.