Gem is a cryptocurrency and blockchain startup based in Venice Beach. Our mission is to empower individuals to take full control of their wealth, to benefit from the value of their own data, and to experience the collective power of the decentralized movement spreading globally today.
To get a quick glimpse of the app, here is the product trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sPXEJzm2xU
Find our app in the app store here:
Gem’s Product Designer will work on the Product team and collaborate with the Engineering team to create elegant user experiences for our all-in-one cryptocurrency app. They see the poor user experience that plagues the cryptocurrency industry, and is hungry to create the most design-focused, user-centered app in this emerging industry.
At Gem, one of our core values is Craft an Experience, which all starts with this person dreaming up how to make our products both useful and effortless. We are a design and product focused company looking for an extremely entrepreneurial Designer to innovate and execute product initiatives across the company.
What you’ll do
- Partner with the Chief Product Officer to champion design at Gem and focus on a user-centric approach
- Develop and express end-to-end experiences, user flows, interactions, and visual design specifications collaboratively with the rest of the team
- Integrate user data and feedback, usability testing, and market analysis to further improve user experience and product design.
- Concept and execute creative assets for our marketing, comms, and community to inspire, inform, and captivate consumers and developers
- Extend user experiences to developer tools and applications beyond Gem to reach millions of users
- Work with frontend teams to create reusable design patterns for ease of integration
What you’ll need
- Ability to express and create great user experience
- Belief that product and design decisions are inextricably linked
- The commitment to act in the best interest of your users at all times
- Strong proficiency in metrics driven design (conversion mechanics, asking the business why of a feature, etc.)
- Experience in the implementation of atomic design principles and patterns
- Excellent research skills and experience conducting user behavior analysis
- Keen comparative analysis abilities - you find applications of similar utility and are able to understand why they are structured in a certain way based on the goals of that application.
- Ability to work in the USA, excited to work by the beach
- 3+ years experience
Nice to have
- Front end coding experience
- Illustration skills
WORKING AT GEM
It's difficult to figure out what a company is like based on a job description, so we hope this helps:
- Here is a video to get a peek into what the Gem office is like.
- This is our Instagram where you can learn more about the team.
- To read articles on employee life and hear about our benefits, check out our profile on Built in LA.
- Speak directly to the Gem team by joining our Telegram channel.
NOT THE JOB YOU'RE LOOKING FOR?
If this role isn't your cup of tea, but you are still interested in working at Gem in the future, get on the list for Gem Job Alerts. You'll be the first to know when new roles open up.