Nuclear Materials Specialist
Los Alamos, NM /
GEM – Environmental & Waste Management /
GEM Technologies, Inc. (GEM) is seeking a Nuclear Materials Specialist to join our team at a federal site in Los Alamos, NM, that provides integral mission support to the Department of Energy.
- Perform assigned nuclear material management activities, including but not limited to nuclear materials inventory analysis, reporting, forecasting and distribution to meet Laboratory and Department of Energy-level customer needs and requirements.
- Collects nuclear material inventory data to assist managers in optimizing processing, shipping, storage and disposition of nuclear material.
- Utilizes general and working knowledge of Laboratory special nuclear materials processing, storage, control, disposition and distribution.
- Interacts occasionally with DOE/National Nuclear Security Administration complex-wide nuclear materials management counterparts.
- Participates in work process improvements to meet customer needs.
- May lead projects and supervise the work of others.
- Bachelor's Degree and 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to pass additional DOE-specific training as needed.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a government-issued clearance, if needed.
- Due to the nature of the work, a U.S. Citizenship is required.
About GEM: GEM Technologies (GEM) is a federal contractor with more than 25 years of experience providing Construction, Environmental Remediation, Facilities Infrastructure Support, and Technical & Professional Services at government and commercial facilities across the United States. We are headquartered near Oak Ridge, Tennessee, with regional offices in Amarillo, Texas; Idaho Falls, Idaho; Piketon, Ohio; and Albany, Georgia. For more information, visit our website at www.GEMTechnologiesInc.com
GEM Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.