Global Social Media Associate
Madrid / Amsterdam / Dublin / London / Bucharest / Washington, DC
Full time /
At Generation, we believe in the power of employment to change lives. We are a global nonprofit organization that supports adults to achieve economic mobility through employment. Generation trains and places adult learners of all ages into careers that are otherwise inaccessible, working in partnership with governments, employers, and other system actors. We also conduct original research and share data insights on high priority global workforce transition topics to inform decision-making by workforce system stakeholders. Launched in 2015, Generation comprises a global hub (Generation You Employed, or GYE) and a network of in-country affiliates. To date, the network has 100,000+ graduates and 11,000+ employers across 46 professions and 17 countries.
When learners join Generation, 91% are unemployed, of which nearly half are long-term unemployed. Three months after completing our program, graduates have an 78% job placement rate, rising to 88% within six months. Of our employed graduates, 68% are hired by repeat employers who have previously hired Generation graduates, and 89% are in jobs directly related to the profession for which we have trained them. Employed graduates immediately earn an average of 3-4X their previous earnings. Two to five years after graduation, 77% of our alumni from upper-middle income countries continue to meet their daily financial needs and 63% can save for the future. To date, Generation’s global graduates have earned more than $1 billion in wages. Generation graduates typically have a secondary school background, 54% are female, 34% have dependents, and the majority identify with underrepresented communities in their country.
Are you passionate about social impact and economic mobility? Do you love working remotely in a global environment? Are you experienced in community & brand building on social media?
The Global Social Media Associate will help build and sustain connections with our core external audiences through digital channels. This role will work closely with members of the global communications and marketing team and an expanding set of country teams (Australia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, France, Ghana, Hong Kong (China), India, Ireland, Italy, Kenya, Mexico, Pakistan, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, and the United Kingdom, and the United States). This is a fast-paced role that provides an opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to a growing organization.
This is a full-time salaried position that can be based anywhere in the world. However, you must have permission to work in the location where you live. We are a virtual team, and you would primarily work from home, with occasional travel to Generation locations.
Remote (ideally Americas or Europe)
To be successful you’ll need:
You have at least 2-5 years of experience in social media management and audience engagement.
In addition you have:
- Experience creating and executing successful audience engagement strategies across all major social media channels – including LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and X (formerly know as Twitter), – and measuring and reporting results
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, with excellent grammar, strong attention to detail, and great editorial skills
- Ability to work in a global, multi-cultural environment and experience in tailoring communications to multiple countries and cultures
- Exceptional organizational skills, and strong time and project management skills. Ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines with grace and humor
- Comfort with relevant tools and technology, including social media management tools (e.g., Hootsuite, Buffer, etc.), and Microsoft Office & Google Workplace skills
- Comfortable with video and visual content creation and editing tools (e.g., Adobe Creative Cloud, Canva Pro, Frame.io, etc.)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a virtual team. Relationship-focused approach with the diplomacy to "manage by influence"
- Track record of effectively managing vendors and budgets
- Passion for working in a mission-driven environment
- Experience training and supporting others in using social media effectively is preferred
What you’ll do:
The Global Social Media Associate will support and lead a variety of audience-focused activities for Generation. You will work with communications and marketing team members and other colleagues in various countries.
Your responsibilities will span both strategy and execution:
- Develop and drive an audience engagement strategy that connects, informs, and inspires our key audiences: employers, policymakers, funders, practitioners, and learners
- Strengthen Generation Global’s social media presence to drive brand awareness (with a strong focus on LinkedIn and Instagram)
- Plan and execute global social media campaigns, and measure their results, including the creation of all content (e.g., social cards, reels, captions, etc.)
- Work closely with the global communications and marketing team to ensure alignment and support the execution of external marketing campaigns
- Manage our global social media channels day-to-day, including LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and X (formerly known as Twitter)
- Develop and maintain global social media guidelines and best practices
- Maintain our digital editorial calendar and develop relevant content
- Track and report against core audience engagement KPIs
- Support country affiliates on their social media initiatives
- Contribute to other communications projects and priorities as needed
- Proactively identify new opportunities and test new approaches to continually improve our audience engagement