Ops & Colt Program Coordinator-Ghana (Remote/Consultant)
Full time - contract /
At Generation, we believe in the power of employment to change lives. We are a global nonprofit organization that supports adults to achieve economic mobility through employment. Generation trains and places adult learners of all ages into careers that are otherwise inaccessible, working in partnership with governments, employers, and other system actors. We also conduct original research and share data insights on high priority global workforce transition topics to inform decision-making by workforce system stakeholders. Launched in 2015, Generation comprises a global hub (Generation You Employed, or GYE) and a network of in-country affiliates. To date, the network has 100,000+ graduates and 11,000+ employers across 46 professions and 17 countries.
When learners join Generation, 91% are unemployed, of which nearly half are long-term unemployed. Three months after completing our program, graduates have an 78% job placement rate, rising to 88% within six months. Of our employed graduates, 68% are hired by repeat employers who have previously hired Generation graduates, and 89% are in jobs directly related to the profession for which we have trained them. Employed graduates immediately earn an average of 3-4X their previous earnings. Two to five years after graduation, 77% of our alumni from upper-middle income countries continue to meet their daily financial needs and 63% can save for the future. To date, Generation’s global graduates have earned more than $1 billion in wages. Generation graduates typically have a secondary school background, 54% are female, 34% have dependents, and the majority identify with underrepresented communities in their country.
We are looking for an exceptional Program Coordinator who will provide support to the coalition of partners in Ghana. This includes coordinating program schedules, supporting program activities and operations and supporting coalition partner management. As a Program Coordinator you will provide daily support to partners on the project. You will report to the Operations and Coalition Manager.
You will be joining at an exciting time for Generation, as we look to enter Ghana for the first time, and you will play a pivotal role to play in helping us change the lives of thousands of job-seekers. Under our partnership with the Mastercard Foundation, we will be launching new training and placement programs for a number of remote roles (such as virtual assistants, data analysts, digital marketing, web development and customer service). Generation will also be coordinating a coalition of partners to experiment with different methods of delivery to find out ‘what works’ before we scale. This partnership could be the start of a longer and larger collaboration with the Mastercard Foundation, so your work could have an impact for years to come.
This role is for a full-time assignment, from Q1 2024 through June 2025, with a possibility to extend. We will prioritize candidates based in Ghana. Candidates must have the right to work in their country of residence. Hours are expected to be 40 hours per week.
Reporting daily to the Operations and Coalition Manager, the Program Coordinator will support the organization and management of GROW coalition partnerships, including schedule creation and management, communications and activity planning. Specifically, you will:
· Be the first point of contact for delivery partners for the program.
· Liaise with functions to support in operations delivery.
· Support the delivery process, through meeting with program partners and vendors.
· Develop coalition Support Plans, to identify risks, track progress and create individualized approach to the type of support required for each partner.
· Provide informal, ad hoc support to partners and vendors.
· Develop relationships with partners for program delivery and provide support as needed.
· Assist in developing continuous network of partner referrals
· Avoid legal liability issues through thorough adherence to policy, procedure, and guidelines
· Work closely with Generation's Global Functional teams to consult on design, monitor and troubleshoot outcomes etc.
· Act as a coordinator with the functional teams within our coalition partners
· Manage the program’s social media presence by regularly posting, responding to enquiries and reporting back to the broader team.
· At least 3 years of experience in program coordination, preferably in a not for profit, start-up or social enterprise environment
· Experience working with disconnected communities and providing mentoring support to people of different backgrounds
· Experience developing program operational procedures and/or resources.
· Some social media management experience.
· Excellent attention to detail with the ability to plan and anticipate need.
· High degree of self-motivation and independence whilst also being a team player.
· Entrepreneurial and proactive mindset required in the start-up environment to deliver against targets and seek opportunities for improvement/growth without instruction.
· You have experience managing a team, project managing complex tasks and coordinating across a broad range of partners, both virtually and physically
· You have strong people-reading and decision-making skills
· You have a demonstrated commitment to equity work
· You are a strong communicator with a proactive/responsive approach
· You are results driven, able to quantify success by developing metrics/analytics
· You believe in our mission, that fulfilling employment can change lives, and are passionate about doing social good.