Digital Customer Success Instructor
Curriculum & Instruction /
Full time - contract
Generation is a global non-profit organization that supports adults to achieve economic mobility through employment. Generation trains and places adult learners of all ages into careers that are otherwise inaccessible, working in partnership with governments, employers, and other system actors. Launched in 2015, Generation comprises a global hub (Generation You Employed, or GYE) and a network of in-country affiliates. To date, the network has 76,000+ graduates and 11,000+ employers across 35 professions and 17 countries. When learners join Generation, 90% are unemployed, of which nearly half are long-term unemployed. Three months after completing our program, graduates have an 81% job placement rate, rising to 90% within six months.
Of our employed graduates, 67% are hired by our repeat employer partners, and 88% are in jobs directly related to the profession for which we have trained them. Employed graduates immediately earn an average of 3-4X their previous earnings. Two to six years after graduation, 70% of alumni continue to meet their daily financial needs and 40% save for the future. To date, Generation’s global graduates have earned $630 million in wages, which will rise to $1 billion by 2023. Generation graduates typically have a secondary school background, 54% are female, 40% have dependents, and the majority identify with underrepresented communities in their country. Generation GYE conducts original research and shares data insights on high priority global workforce transition topics to inform decision-making by workforce system stakeholders.
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced person in the Digital Customer Success sector, motivated by Generation's mission and driven by the objective of helping everyone to start a new professional career.
1. Facilitation of the "Digital Customer Success” training (in online format) based on existing content (80 % of the time):
.Provide quality, effective, rigorous, relevant and adapted training to an adult audience.
.Become familiar with and follow the course of the program as designed by Generation.
.Ensure the involvement and active participation of our learners in the training program.
.Take into account the feedback and results of learners and adapt their teaching accordingly.
Monitor, integrate and respond to learners' contributions and requests on our communication channels.
.Monitor and manage attendance of learners through our digital tools (Salesforce).
.Conduct assessments and report data on our traceability tools and report progress regularly (Canvas).
.Share feedback with the Generation team and implement the recommendations to guarantee quality training for our learners.
.Effectively use digital tools such as Zoom, Canvas and GDrive to perform daily instructional tasks
2. Activities peripheral to the training (20 % of the time):
.Build strong and trusting relationships with learners, develop a detailed knowledge of their strengths and challenges while ensuring a caring learning environment.
.Support and motivate learners to be resilient in their professional as well as personal journeys.
.Work actively and in close collaboration with the Generation team to identify and effectively counter potential obstacles to the success of learners and their integration into the professional environment.
.Participate in the organization of the cohort launch.
.Attend onboarding sessions as agreed with the management team before cohort launch.
.Take part of coaching cycles determined per management with specified cadence; this could include instructional team meetings, coaching conversations, participating in communities of practice and/or take part of specific professional development activities for upskilling such as attending workshops/trainings
- A bachelor’s degree in any field or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 1 - 3 years relevant – hands-on – professional experience in a busy contact center, customer service environment or similar role.
- At least 1 - 2 years proven experience facilitating on-the-job Customer Service Training/Coaching.
- Experience as a professional adult trainer is essential.
- Experience with professional growth and development (team building and collaboration, coaching/recruiting, etc.)
- Comprehensive knowledge of tools and programs such as CRM systems (e.g.Salesforce), ticketing systems (e.g. Zendesk, HappyFox, AzureDesk) and chat/call platforms (e.g.Salesforce, VCC, InContact, Aircall)
- Strong command of digital tools is key, in particular: G Suites + Zoom as well as ease with LMS (mastery of the LMS Canvas platform)
- Excellent communication skills (writing + oral expression that can work for different audiences), using communication online tools like Slack and emails.
- Any other professional certification is desirable, specially in Customer Success Management
- Embody values and understand the future challenges and opportunities for youth empowerment
- Passionate about creating an impact in the employment ecosystem
- Identify with the mission of Generation
- Demonstrate an interest in the intersection of social and educational initiatives
- Demonstrate resilience as well as great adaptability and flexibility
- Demonstrate great motivation to work with groups of young adults who are far from employment
- Work rigorously and independently
- Thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Demonstrate proactiveness, personal responsibility and a strong commitment towards self-reflection and growth
Mindsets and abilities