Principal CADD Scientist
ML + Compchem + Software /
Genesis Therapeutics is building a world-class computational team to accelerate drug discovery through machine learning and biophysical simulation. We are looking for computational chemists experienced in structure-based drug design to help drive rapid progress in our drug programs and play a critical role in developing our ML/MD platform.
- Work directly on multiple small molecule drug discovery programs across a varied target portfolio, including novel targets with little-to-no known chemical matter
- Utilize off-the-shelf molecular design tools, as well as custom-built internal tools, to analyze protein-ligand structures and MD simulations
- Work closely with our AI, software, compchem, and medchem teams to drive methods development on our ML/MD platform
- A PhD-level computational chemist with deep understanding of protein-ligand binding interactions
- Proficient with one-or-more off-the-shelf tools for structure-based drug design, such as MOE, Pymol, and Schrodinger Suite
- 3+ years of experience as a computational chemist / CADD scientist at pharma or biotech, using structure-based methods on active drug discovery programs
What we offer
- The opportunity to work on high impact tools and products that are immediately deployed to accelerate the discovery of new medicines
- Strong technical coworkers in AI, software, compchem, and medchem, who all have a powerful mix of intellectual curiosity and humility
- Competitive salary and equity. Medical, dental, and vision insurance, and a 401(k) program
Genesis Therapeutics is unifying AI and biotech to discover novel and breakthrough treatments for patients with severe and devastating conditions. Genesis was founded on groundbreaking molecular ML research and since has established itself as the industry leader in AI for small molecule drug discovery. Our team of accomplished biotech leaders and expert drug hunters joins forces with deep learning researchers and software engineers who are pioneering predictive and generative AI technologies for molecules.
Our team has created the industry's most advanced molecular AI platform called GEMS (Genesis Exploration of Molecular Space), to accelerate and optimize small molecule drug discovery and to enable the discovery of novel first-in-class and best-in-class small molecule drugs for challenging and/or undruggable targets.
The company has leveraged GEMS to build an internal pipeline with multiple programs against high-value targets, including data-poor and canonically undruggable targets where GEMS is uniquely advantaged. In addition, Genesis has two AI platform collaborations across a range of therapeutic areas: Eli Lilly (signed in 2022, with a $20M upfront payment and a $670M total deal size), and Genentech (signed in 2020).
We raised a $200M series B in August 2023, and have raised over $280M in funding from top technology and biotech investors, including Andreessen Horowitz, Rock Springs Capital, T. Rowe Price, Fidelity, Radical Ventures, NVentures (NVIDIA's VC arm), BlackRock, and Menlo Ventures.
Genesis is headquartered in Burlingame, CA, with a fully integrated laboratory in San Diego. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Finding the best talent is our top priority at Genesis Therapeutics. If you are interested in potential partnership on recruitment, please reach out to email@example.com.