Software Engineer Intern
ML + Compchem + Software /
Genesis Therapeutics is building a world-class software team to solve problems in drug discovery through machine learning, biophysical simulation, and computational chemistry. We are looking for engineers excited to help develop new medicines and play a critical role in building out our software platform.
- Build and expand on tools for visualizing molecules and proteins, analyzing machine learning models, and managing complex chemical workflows
- Work closely with machine learning engineers and medicinal chemists to develop and productionize new computational methods for molecular property prediction
- Help scale our data infrastructure to handle billions of datapoints and thousands of parallel deep learning and molecular dynamics jobs
- A strong software engineer who will write code quickly and uphold our code quality standards
- A deep thinker who reasons from first principles over pattern matching
- Interested in learning about biochemistry and the drug development process
What we offer
- The opportunity to work on high impact tools and products that are immediately deployed to accelerate the discovery of new medicines
- Strong technical coworkers in AI, software, and chemistry, who all have a powerful mix of intellectual curiosity and humility. The team reads and discusses 1-2 machine learning or chemistry papers every week to stay on top of the field and inspire new ideas
- Competitive salary and equity. Medical, dental, and vision insurance, and a 401(k) program
Genesis Therapeutics is unifying AI and biotech to discover novel and breakthrough treatments for patients with severe and devastating conditions. Genesis was founded on groundbreaking molecular ML research and since has established itself as the industry leader in AI for small molecule drug discovery. Our team of accomplished biotech leaders and expert drug hunters joins forces with deep learning researchers and software engineers who are pioneering predictive and generative AI technologies for molecules.
Our team has created the industry's most advanced molecular AI platform called GEMS (Genesis Exploration of Molecular Space), to accelerate and optimize small molecule drug discovery and to enable the discovery of novel first-in-class and best-in-class small molecule drugs for challenging and/or undruggable targets.
The company has leveraged GEMS to build an internal pipeline with multiple programs against high-value targets, including data-poor and canonically undruggable targets where GEMS is uniquely advantaged. In addition, Genesis has two AI platform collaborations across a range of therapeutic areas: Eli Lilly (signed in 2022, with a $20M upfront payment and a $670M total deal size), and Genentech (signed in 2020).
We raised a $200M series B in August 2023, and have raised over $280M in funding from top technology and biotech investors, including Andreessen Horowitz, Rock Springs Capital, T. Rowe Price, Fidelity, Radical Ventures, NVentures (NVIDIA's VC arm), BlackRock, and Menlo Ventures.
Genesis is headquartered in Burlingame, CA, with a fully integrated laboratory in San Diego. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Finding the best talent is our top priority at Genesis Therapeutics. If you are interested in potential partnership on recruitment, please reach out to email@example.com.