Talent Acquisition Lead (AI/Tech)
We started Genesis Therapeutics in 2019 with origins in field-leading AI + biophysics research. Since then, we’ve dramatically accelerated innovation in Machine Learning and molecular simulation technologies for drug discovery, with the goal of providing new treatments for patients with severe diseases.
We are a mission-driven group of researchers, engineers, and drug developers. We believe close-knit, interdisciplinary collaboration is crucial for inventing important new technology and rapidly advancing optimal therapies.
With recent funding and a rapidly growing team, Genesis Therapeutics is seeking a talent acquisition lead to develop and scale our talent management processes and recruitment efforts. In this position, you will play a critical role in both strategic and tactical day-to-day TA operations, establishing our TA strategies, building processes, and supporting our founding team with their technical and operational recruitment needs.
What you’ll do:
- Be the first recruiter on the People team at Genesis and play a vital role in scaling our organization
- Implement and scale end-to-end recruitment processes for all roles — from entry level engineers though senior leadership roles
- Lead full-cycle recruiting across all departments for both technical and non-technical roles
- Work closely with our management team to determine recruiting strategy for the company and execute on hiring goals.
- Define, develop, and implement strategic recruiting initiatives including interview training, employment branding, hiring assessments, etc.
- Constantly evaluate external trends and tools and identify opportunities to promote creative and out-of-the-box recruiting strategies.
- Use data to help understand your candidate funnel and drive your decisions.
- Drive TA activities, including ensuring our applicant tracking system (Lever) data is kept up-to-date with accurate candidate notes and pipeline information
What you bring:
- AI/Tech Recruiting experience a must
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in recruiting or talent acquisition, preferably within a fast growing startup or tech company.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in technical recruitment.
- Exhibit strong instincts and a deep understanding of the recruiting process.
- Designed, built and rolled out recruiting processes and are excited about scaling.
- Be data-driven and digitally savvy, with a deep understanding of recruitment metrics.
- The emotional intelligence to close candidates with the right balance of consideration, transparency, and drive
- An interest in establishing equitable recruiting processes and a desire to go the extra mile to recruit non-traditional candidates
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced scaling environment.
What We Offer:
- We offer a competitive salary & equity
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage (Genesis pays 100% of premiums for employees)
- Free lunches (and dinner if needed) in the office, along with fully stacked kitchen with snacks
- Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research
- Hybrid / flexible schedule: In our Burlingame office, we generally come in 2 to 5 days a week, and we are generally flexible.
- Open, flexible PTO
- 401K Plan
Genesis Therapeutics is unifying AI and biotech to discover novel and breakthrough treatments for patients with severe and devastating conditions. Genesis was founded on groundbreaking molecular ML research and since has established itself as the industry leader in AI for small molecule drug discovery. Our team of accomplished biotech leaders and expert drug hunters joins forces with deep learning researchers and software engineers who are pioneering predictive and generative AI technologies for molecules.
Our team has created the industry's most advanced molecular AI platform called GEMS (Genesis Exploration of Molecular Space), to accelerate and optimize small molecule drug discovery and to enable the discovery of novel first-in-class and best-in-class small molecule drugs for challenging and/or undruggable targets.
The company has leveraged GEMS to build an internal pipeline with multiple programs against high-value targets, including data-poor and canonically undruggable targets where GEMS is uniquely advantaged. In addition, Genesis has two AI platform collaborations across a range of therapeutic areas: Eli Lilly (signed in 2022, with a $20M upfront payment and a $670M total deal size), and Genentech (signed in 2020).
We raised a $200M series B in August 2023, and have raised over $280M in funding from top technology and biotech investors, including Andreessen Horowitz, Rock Springs Capital, T. Rowe Price, Fidelity, Radical Ventures, NVentures (NVIDIA's VC arm), BlackRock, and Menlo Ventures.
Genesis is headquartered in Burlingame, CA, with a fully integrated laboratory in San Diego. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Finding the best talent is our top priority at Genesis Therapeutics. If you are interested in potential partnership on recruitment, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.