(Jr) Research Associate, Compound Management
San Diego, CA
Genesis Therapeutics is pioneering artificial intelligence guided rational drug design to address severe unmet medical needs for patients. Our lab in San Diego is looking for a motivated and enthusiastic (Jr) Research Associate to take ownership of our research compound inventory. You will be responsible for fulfilling compound requests from internal research scientists, adding new compounds to the inventory, and ensuring a proper compound inventory storage environment to drive rapid progress in our drug programs across a variety of different targets.
What You Will Do:
- Manage, improve, and continue to implement our compound management system using our commercial inventory software.
- Receive and process all compound samples from internal and external sources to be added to the compound inventory, including packaging/unpackaging, labeling, sorting, and proper storage.
- Manage, maintain, process, and dispense all compound requests to support drug discovery research programs, including weighing solid samples, creating stock solutions, plating liquid sample requests,
- Ensure timelines are met for compound requests and collaborate with other scientists to meet any compound request requirements.
- Maintain and ensure all Compound Management laboratory equipment is in proper working order and properly maintained.
- Implement automation where appropriate to improve workflow and productivity.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as required.
What you’ll bring:
- B.S in related field with 1-3 years of laboratory experience in life sciences.
- Good multi-tasking, organizational, record keeping, and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary, team-oriented, collaborative, high performance environment.
- Experience with compound registration and other compound management informatics platforms is a plus.
- Experience in handling hazardous materials and use of analytical instruments is preferred.
- Enthusiasm, integrity, self-motivation, strong interpersonal skills, and attention to detail are necessary.
What we offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Stock Option Eligibility
- 401(k) Plan
- Open PTO Policy
- Paid Company Holidays
- Free lunch and snacks at our offices
- Health Care Plan, including Medical, Dental, and Vision, fully covered for the employees
Genesis Therapeutics is unifying AI and biotech to discover novel and breakthrough treatments for patients with severe and devastating conditions. Genesis was founded on groundbreaking molecular ML research and since has established itself as the industry leader in AI for small molecule drug discovery. Our team of accomplished biotech leaders and expert drug hunters joins forces with deep learning researchers and software engineers who are pioneering predictive and generative AI technologies for molecules.
Our team has created the industry's most advanced molecular AI platform called GEMS (Genesis Exploration of Molecular Space), to accelerate and optimize small molecule drug discovery and to enable the discovery of novel first-in-class and best-in-class small molecule drugs for challenging and/or undruggable targets.
The company has leveraged GEMS to build an internal pipeline with multiple programs against high-value targets, including data-poor and canonically undruggable targets where GEMS is uniquely advantaged. In addition, Genesis has two AI platform collaborations across a range of therapeutic areas: Eli Lilly (signed in 2022, with a $20M upfront payment and a $670M total deal size), and Genentech (signed in 2020).
We raised a $200M series B in August 2023, and have raised over $280M in funding from top technology and biotech investors, including Andreessen Horowitz, Rock Springs Capital, T. Rowe Price, Fidelity, Radical Ventures, NVentures (NVIDIA's VC arm), BlackRock, and Menlo Ventures.
Genesis is headquartered in Burlingame, CA, with a fully integrated laboratory in San Diego. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Finding the best talent is our top priority at Genesis Therapeutics. If you are interested in potential partnership on recruitment, please reach out to email@example.com.