Administrative / People Ops Specialist
San Diego, CA /
We started Genesis Therapeutics in 2019 with origins in field-leading AI + biophysics research. Since then, we’ve dramatically accelerated innovation in Machine Learning and molecular simulation technologies for drug discovery, with the goal of providing new treatments for patients with severe diseases.
We are a mission-driven group of researchers, engineers, and drug developers. We believe close-knit, interdisciplinary collaboration is crucial for inventing important new technology and rapidly advancing optimal therapies.
To advance our mission, we are looking for an experienced Administrative / People Ops Specialist to ensure all support activities are carried on efficiently and effectively. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in daily support operations, able to autonomously plan the most efficient administrative procedures, and will be able to proactively discover new ways to do the job more efficiently. This will require excellent communication and organizational skills. Given the office management responsibilities of this position, ideally you must be able to work on-site day-to-day, with occasional flexibility to work from home as needed. (We are flexible and open to consider candidates who can be onsite a minimum of 3 days per week).
If you thrive in a fast-paced, innovative and collaborative startup environment, we encourage you to apply and explore the opportunity with us.
- Provide a variety of administrative support to executives, managers and employees
- Coordinate activities between departments and outside parties
- Assist in running the recruitment process smoothly, including organizing job descriptions, posting jobs, working closely and consistently with recruiters, coordinating interview scheduling and contacting applicants, and managing candidates’ data in Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Assist with the on- and off-boarding of new hires and employees (e.g., scheduling of the first day, preparing necessary paperwork, placing orders, running a new-hire orientation, etc)
- Maintain confidential employee data and run analytical reports
- Responding to internal and external inquiries or requests and provide assistance in a timely manner
- Monitor inventory of office supplies and the purchasing of new material with attention to budgetary constraints
- Assist in ad-hoc projects, such as event planning for office and team activities
- Ensure office, recruiting and people operations adhere to policies and regulations
- Experience in administrative field, such as office management and HR/TA operations
- Excellent communication, organizational and multitasking skills
- A keen eye for detail and the ability to continuously improve and streamline processes
- Ability to keep and handle confidential information appropriately
- Strong ability and desire to manage tasks and thrive in a fast paced startup environment
- Capacity to be flexible day to day with new projects as they evolve
- Drive to learn and grow personally and within the organization
- Proficient in MS office and/or Google Suite. Familiarity with ATS (e.g., Lever) and HRIS (e.g., BambooHR, Gusto, etc) a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field, and/or 3 to 5 years of relevant experience
What we offer
- Our target starting salary for successful applicants for this role is $70,000 - $85,000, and competitive equity
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage (Genesis pays 100% of premiums for employees)
- Open, flexible PTO
- 401K Plan