Research Associate - Biochemistry and biophysics
San Diego, CA /
Genesis Therapeutics is pioneering artificial intelligence guided rational drug design to address severe unmet medical needs for patients. Our lab in San Diego is recruiting associate scientists with experience in cellular, biochemical or biophysical techniques. Specifically, we are seeking candidates to prosecute plate-based pharmacology, cell culture, enzymology, cell engineering and drug discovery experimental plans for our rapidly advancing pipeline. Education requirements include a bachelor’s or master’s of science with specific focus in one or more of the following disciplines: cell signaling, cell physiology, protein biochemistry, cancer biology and immunology. This is a full-time position in a fast-paced biotech environment with a collegial group of high level colleagues working towards well-defined goals. Full medical and dental benefits, flexible work hours/vacation included in this opportunity to learn all aspects of biotech start-up.
Learn more about us here: https://www.genesistherapeutics.ai/
And our recent collaboration with Eli Lilly here: https://endpts.com/genentech-partnered-genesis-therapeutics-inks-newest-ai-discovery-deal-with-eli-lilly/
- Discover and develop new small molecule therapeutics for severe disorders in a collaborative research setting.
- Perform and complete mechanistic studies to understand MOA for lead chemical series.
- Design, validate, and routinely run biochemical assays for lead identification, optimization, and characterization using methods such as HTRF, FP, FI, and enzymatic assays.
- Develop and execute robust SPR and TSA binding assays as primary or orthogonal screening methods in drug discovery screening cascade.
- Program, validate, and operate liquid-handling automation (Biomek Liquid handler, Multidrop Combi, Integra Viaflo & Voyager) for 384-well plate-based assays and use instrumentation such as plate reader, Biacore, and QuantStudio for data generation.
- Independently analyze/QC data and present results at project or company wide meetings.
- Communicate results precisely in written format by maintaining electronic lab notebook.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s of Science in biochemistry, biophysics, biology, or a related field.
- Excellent presentation & problem-solving skills and ability to collaborate in a highly dynamic team environment.
- Skill in reading manuscripts and gathering insights from the literature.
- Ability to work efficiently and deliver results within timelines while maintaining a high attention to detail ensuring reliable and reproducible data generation.
- Experience with assay development using biochemical or biophysical methods preferred.
- Familiarity with lab automation/instrumentation preferred.
- Knowledge of biophysical methods such as SPR, DSF, ITC preferred.
- Experience with biochemical methods such as FP, TF-FRET, and enzymatic assays preferred.