Associate Medical Director/Medical Director
London or Oxford or Cambridge
Genomics plc – Medical Affairs & Clinical Development /
Location: Oxford or Cambridge ~ hybrid working with a blend of 20-40% in office
Genomics Inc is a pioneering global health-tech company established in 2014. We have developed a world leading team of scientists to drive our understanding of the genetic determinants of many common, chronic diseases. We partner closely with Pharmaceutical companies and Research partners to improve drug discovery and target validation.
The Associate Medical Director Role
In this role, you will support a cross-functional team to develop and execute Genomics plc’s life-sciences strategy. Working alongside a world leading team of scientists you will develop compelling use-cases for the use of Genomics plc tools in drug discovery & development.
You will develop relationships with our major life-science partners, such as Our Future Health. You will also develop relationships in the UK health ecosystem to support the use of Genomics tools in clinical development, for example through the use of recall studies.
What you will need:
- Medical qualification with experience in common diseases/prevention.
- At least 5 years experience working in clinical development or substantial experience as a clinical academic working with pharma partners.
- Evidence of scientific achievements that have had translational impact Evidence of scientific presentations/publications in medical journals.
- Deep experience of genetics and/or biomarkers in drug discovery and/or clinical development.
- Experience working in a dynamic cross-functional team, using your medical knowledge at the interface of different specialties.
Non-essential experience that would be useful
- Completion of specialist medical training.
- Understanding of the use of algorithms/AI/genetics in clinical development.
- Medical leadership in the life sciences:- You will be an integral part of the life-science leadership group, responsible for developing compelling use cases for life-science partners.
- Life-sciences delivery:- You will use your experience to provide guidance, oversight, and support for delivery on executed contracts with life-science partners.
- Medical Engagement:- establish a network of medical advisors/KOLs & advisors to support the development of our Genomic risk use cases in life-sciences.
So what's in it for you?
- Competitive compensation: Our salaries are externally benchmarked annually to ensure you receive compensation that aligns with the market. In addition, this role comes with an equity offering.
- Generous Holiday Allowance: 25 days of annual leave, an additional 3-day company shutdown at the end of the year, plus bank holidays. More time for you to unwind and enjoy.
- Invest in Your Future: Take advantage of our training and development opportunities, from regular training courses to access to a wide range of L&D materials. We're committed to helping you grow and succeed!
- Wellbeing: Join a company that values you at work and outside work. We offer a range of benefits, including a pension that increases every year that you work here, comprehensive health insurance for you and your family, critical illness coverage, and life insurance. We also offer enhanced paid family leave.
- An inclusive workplace: Genomics wholeheartedly embraces and champions Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (ED&I) initiatives. We foster an inclusive environment through various means, such as our 'All in Club,' a platform where we come together to celebrate, engage in meaningful discussions, and create awareness. Additionally, we offer our 'Bank Your Bank Holiday' program, allowing you to exchange public holidays for dates that hold personal or cultural significance to you. It's our way of ensuring that every member of our community feels valued and included.
- Charity giving: Make a difference with our payroll giving scheme. Donate to your favourite charities tax-free and help make the world a better place!
- Green Commute: Join our cycle-to-work scheme and enjoy a healthier, eco-friendly commute. We are also conveniently located by major transport hubs so public transport is a snip. It's good for you and the planet!
Would you like to learn more? Great, we’d love to chat. Please reach out for more information and to see if this opportunity is right for you!
Genomics plc is dedicated to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Genomics plc politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.