EA/Oxford Office Manager
Operations – ELT /
Full Time Permanent
The EA/Office Manager brings first-class organisation skills to a vital role in offering support to C-Suite members. You will work closely with the team, dealing with complex and ever-changing diary management for key senior stakeholders.
Also responsible for our Oxford Head Office, you will ensure that employees have a great experience when working there, by ensuring facilities are well maintained, as well as organising events and social activities.
This is a varied and interesting role, that involves communicating and collaborating with a wide range of people. As this role involves managing the Oxford office, living within an easy commute of the Oxford office is required.
- Adept at dealing with complex and ever-changing diary management for key senior stakeholders on a day-to-day basis. Requires problem-solving skills and communication across multiple teams. May prepare and review materials and correspondence for meetings. Including the creation/modification of presentations, spreadsheets, and other various documents.
- Requires seamless booking of national and international travel, hotels, and transfers where required. Distributes schedules/agendas for travel and tracks expense reports through Travel and Entertainment Expense system
- Help employees have a great experience when working in the Oxford office by ensuring the office is well stocked with fruit, snacks, stationery, and general supplies. Organise team lunches, social events, town hall meetings, and team briefings. Welcome visitors to the office.
- Responsibility for office physical security (including access fobs for employees and visitors), meeting health and safety requirements (including managing fire marshals), and communications with the building management and managing contractors. Requires liaison with the Information Security Team for audits. Also includes ordering supplies and processing invoices.
- Experience in supporting C-level executives with busy and complex schedules.
- Proactive and task-oriented, with the ability to handle a variety of tasks to completion at high volumes in a fast-paced and evolving business.
- Ability to understand the needs of the C-suite member, and to be able to use tact and discretion in arranging meetings.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with individuals and teams across the company.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills, with an excellent eye for detail.
- Knowledge of G-suite applications - Gmail, documents, slides, sheets.