Game Mechanics Designer
Los Angeles, CA /
Why build in the web 2 world when you can be part of the future?
Developed by Monarch Gaming, Genopets is the world's first Free-to-Play, Move-to-Earn mobile NFT game built on Solana †.
At Genopets, we make it fun to live an active lifestyle by merging the nurture and evolution of Tamagotchi, with the training and battling of Pokémon and the fitness and social incentives of Strava. Along the way, players earn crypto for staying active in their daily lives.
With over $8.3M raised in our seed round led by premiere gaming and crypto venture capital firms Konvoy Ventures and Pantera Capital, the Genoverse has grown to a community of over 200k people in just the last 6 months. We’re looking for talented dreamers and builders to help us develop and scale our fantastic game, community, and world.
Learn more about our game here. Keep scrolling to learn more about the role.
† If you understand all the concepts in this statement, seriously consider joining the team. If you don’t, but you’re intrigued, don’t worry—we can teach you.
We are seeking a talented and experienced game designer (or senior game designer) to design critical elements of our Genopets mobile MMORPG game. This position will focus on the creative design and technical implementation of single- and multi-player progression frameworks; play balance; and narrative integration. You will be expected to wear many hats! The ideal candidate will have proven experience in game design, story-telling, a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, outstanding people skills, boundless creativity, extensive knowledge on variety of MMORPG universes, and a long-standing passion for building & playing games.
Be responsible for conceiving and executing your vision for the player’s experience in the Genoverse.
What You'll Do
- Conceive and fine-tune gameplay mechanics to ‘find the fun’
- Design, implement, balance PvP/PvE battle systems
- Design, implement movement-based single player gameplay, ie. achievements, unlocks, powerups
- Level, progression, and loot design
- Design in-game economy and relevant mechanics for supply and demand balance, analyze and optimize transaction volume
- Ensure player incentizes stay balanced with crypto economics (manage inflationary/deflationary forces in incentive design)
- Analyze user data to maximize user retention and daily active use
- Work with Game Narrative designer to incorporate narrative seamlessly into player incentives
- Align mechanics with Assist with storyline, character bios, dialogue, plot points, game objectives
- Define key objectives in UX flows
- Work with concept and technical artists to produce assets
- Communicate gameplay mechanics to marketing and product team
What You'll Need
- Creativity, passion for story-telling and incentivizing healthy behavior
- 3+ years of experience in crypto/blockchain
- 5+ years in game economy design
- 5+ years in mid-core PVP mobile game design
- A vision for unprecedented applications of NFT gaming
- 2+ years of experience with crypto tokenomics
- Strong desire to learn about the crypto/blockchain/gamefi space
- Familiarity with NFTs
- Strong analytical mind
- Strong communication skills
- Solid knowledge of gaming industry and trends in RPGs, mid-core free to play mobile games
- Leadership skills
- Project management skills
- Proficiency in Unity
- Full-time availability
- PST/EST preferred
- Remote OK
What We Promise
- Competitive compensation & superb benefits
- Exciting and fun environment committed to creating truly unique, mission-led products
- Opportunities to build, shape & grow an exciting business in a hyper-innovative space
- Emphasis on mentorship and professional development, plus a ton of growth potential
- Flexible vacation allowance
- A team that understands that your success is our success!