3D Technical Artist
Los Angeles, CA /
Why build in the web 2 world when you can be part of the future?
Developed by Monarch Gaming, Genopets is the world's first Free-to-Play, Move-to-Earn mobile NFT game built on Solana †.
At Genopets, we make it fun to live an active lifestyle by merging the nurture and evolution of Tamagotchi, with the training and battling of Pokémon and the fitness and social incentives of Strava. Along the way, players earn crypto for staying active in their daily lives.
With over $8.3M raised in our seed round led by premiere gaming and crypto venture capital firms Konvoy Ventures and Pantera Capital, the Genoverse has grown to a community of over 200k people in just the last 6 months. We’re looking for talented dreamers and builders to help us develop and scale our fantastic game, community, and world.
Learn more about our game here. Keep scrolling to learn more about the role.
† If you understand all the concepts in this statement, seriously consider joining the team. If you don’t, but you’re intrigued, don’t worry—we can teach you.
About the Position
We are seeking a talented, driven, and collaborative technical artist to help define and support a 3D pipeline for the Genopets mobile gaming project. We’re looking for someone with a high-level of experience designing and supporting 3D pipelines primarily within Maya and Unity. You will support and improve the project's modeling, animation, and FX throughput, serving an integral role within our team of passionate, mission-driven artists & builders.
What You'll Need
- Minimum of 8 years' experience as a tech artist in the video games industry.
- Deep understanding of content pipelines for games and art creation workflows
- Strong proficiency in art workflow tooling
- Detailed working knowledge of Maya
- Both artistic and technical creativity with a passion for solving problems
- Comprehensive knowledge of rendering fundamentals, such as modelling, unwrapping/texturing/shading/surfacing, rigging, animation, lighting, rendering and pipeline tool development
- Efficient skills with coding in multiple languages such as Rust, GSL, C++
- Proficient C++ development skills and debugging techniques
- Versatile and willing to switch tasks based on the project’s need
- Great communication skills and service minded
- Experience giving detailed feedback and communicate direction between both internal team and external partners
- Good artistic sensibilities and great attention to details
What We Promise
- Competitive compensation & superb benefits
- Exciting and fun environment committed to creating truly unique, mission-led products
- Opportunities to build, shape & grow an exciting business in a hyper-innovative space
- Emphasis on mentorship and professional development, plus a ton of growth potential
- Flexible vacation allowance
- A team that understands that your success is our success!