Los Angeles, CA /
Why build in the web 2 world when you can be part of the future?
Developed by Monarch Gaming, Genopets is a Free-to-Play, Move-to-Earn mobile NFT game built on Solana †.
At Genopets, we make it fun to live an active lifestyle by merging the nurture and evolution of Tamagotchi, with the training and battling of Pokémon and the fitness and social incentives of Strava. Along the way, players earn crypto for staying active in their daily lives.
With over $8.3M raised in our seed round led by premiere gaming and crypto venture capital firms Konvoy Ventures and Pantera Capital, the Genoverse has grown to a community of over 200k people in just the last 6 months. We’re looking for talented dreamers and builders to help us develop and scale our fantastic game, community, and world.
Learn more about our game here. Keep scrolling to learn more about the role.
† If you understand all the concepts in this statement, seriously consider joining the team. If you don’t, but you’re intrigued, don’t worry—we can teach you.
About the Position
We are looking for an HR manager to supervise all HR matters across our small-but-fast-growing team, including recruiting & interview scheduling, performance management, employee learning & development, and talent management. You will work closely with the leadership team to propose & implement policies to improve employee engagement and develop our brand as an employer. To perform well in this role you should have experience as an HR manager, or other senior roles on a HR team, and knowledge around all legal requirements in this role.
People are our most important asset and you’ll be the one to ensure we have a happy and productive workplace where everyone works to realize our established mission and objectives. Promoting our team values and shaping a positive culture is a defining aspect of this role.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy.
- Manage the talent recruitment and selection process.
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of our people.
- Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organization.
- Maintain pay plan and benefits program
- Administer insurance benefits, explain benefits, assist with completion of enrollment forms, and answer questions.
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management.
- Nurture a positive working environment.
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance and values-driven culture.
- Assess training needs to apply and monitor training programs.
- Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics.
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues as needed.
- Have a big say in how we support our people!
What You’ll Need
- 4+ years experience in human resources or related field, preferably with startups
- Proven success as an individual contributor and a team member.
- Knowledge of relevant employer compliance requirements, especially health & safety.
- Adept in initial candidate assessment, including CV review and phone interview.
- Experience in conflict resolution, disciplinary processes and workplace investigations.
- Experience in following and maintaining workplace privacy.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced atmosphere
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with colleagues.
- Experience in educating and coaching staff.
- Proactive, self-managing individual with strong time management capability and attention to detail.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity working with an ATS and maintaining a high level of data integrity.
- Experience with Lever ATS strongly preferred.
- Prior recruitment experience with tech/gaming startups strongly preferred.
What We Promise
- Competitive compensation & superb benefits
- Exciting and fun environment committed to creating truly unique, mission-led products
- Opportunities to build, shape & grow an exciting business in a hyper-innovative space
- Emphasis on mentorship and professional development, plus a ton of growth potential
- Flexible vacation allowance
- A team that understands that your success is our success!