Senior Software Engineer CI/CD
The Hague - NL /
Engineering – Quality Assurance /
GeoPhy is a technology company in the real estate space. We provide property valuations engineered for the modern world, giving property lenders and investors fast, consistent and reliable access to information. Our technology allows our customers to understand value and its drivers by using both traditional and unconventional sources, using machine learning to create the most accurate valuations in the market.
GeoPhy’s multidisciplinary teams consist of data scientists, engineers, statisticians and economists, using data science and supervised machine learning to optimize the unprecedented volume and variety of data now available in the real estate sector.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer with specialisation in CI/CD processes to help bring our software and data delivery process to the next level.
As a Software Engineer - CI/CD you will be part of our Engineering Productivity Team. You will be the active driver for CI/CD based application development. You will evangelize for best practices on the software delivery process from the moment a pull request is created to the successful release to production.
You will join the stellar Geophy Engineering team, where you will be able to do all of the above while having a lot of fun with colleagues from all over the world and all the room you need to learn and grow as a world-class Software Engineer.
The impact you will have
- Establish robust processes for building, deploying and releasing new features to production consistently and reliably
- Develop and continuously improve on CI/CD principles
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the Engineering organization to educate, evangelize and drive the CI/CD strategy
- Regularly assess the health of architecture and systems. advocate for upgrades, maintenance, and improvements
- Provide feedback regarding development and engineering methodologies, standards and leading practices
- Evaluate new and emerging tooling to evaluate whether their implementation will bring value to our processes
- Exemplify GeoPhy values and way of working, driving ownership and accountability within the teams
What we're looking for
- 8+ years of experience working in DevOps, CI/CD, Software Engineering or Test Automation
- Experience on designing, developing, deploying software in a DevOps environment
- Ability to decompose complex processes into understandable components
- Proficiency in automating and optimizing processes
- Strong focus on engineering excellence through coding standards, versioning and deployment standardisation, shift-left mindset and automation
- Demonstrable experience of influencing and driving Engineering strategy
- Proficiency in script writing (languages are irrelevant)
- Proficiency in build tools (Maven, Gradle, sbt, Make, etc.), version control tools (Git, etc.), continuous integration tools (GitLab, Jenkins, etc.)
- Experience with static code analysis and dynamic security analysis tooling (SonarQube, Nessus, Qualys, etc.)
- Experience with monitoring tools (Grafana, Sentry, etc.)
- Experience with containerization, orchestration and cloud technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS etc.)
Bonus points for
- Experience with software architecture
- Experience with non-functional testing (performance, scalability, reliability etc)
- Experience in working with data pipelines
- Experience in real-estate domain
What we're offering
- You will have the opportunity to accelerate our rapidly growing organization
- We’re a lean team, so your impact will be felt immediately
- Agile working environment with flexible working hours and location, career advancement, and competitive compensation package
- GeoPhy is a family and pet friendly company
- We arrange social activities to help our employees and families become familiar with each other and our culture
- Diverse, unique colleagues from every corner of the world
If you're convinced you are the right fit and you can’t wait to join our team, we look forward to hearing from you!