Sales Data Analyst
Oakville, ON, Canada /
Operations – Sales Operations /
Permanent - Full Time
Who we are:
Geotab is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Marketplace, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for Data Analysts who can help us discover value out of our rich and large datasets. Our ideal team member will have the mathematical and statistical expertise you’d expect, but a natural curiosity and creative mind that’s not so easy to find. As you mine, interpret and clean our data, we will rely on you to ask questions, connect the dots and uncover opportunities that lie hidden within, all with the ultimate goal of realizing the data’s full potential. You will join a team of data specialists, but will “slice and dice” data using your own methods, creating new visions for the future. If you are a Data Analyst who knows how to extract meaning from and interpret data - we would like to hear from you!
What are the details of this position:
As a Data Analyst you will be a crucial part of producing innovative analytics from Geotab’s big data environment. Geotab’s systems process over 40 billion data records per day from over 2 million vehicles in 100+ countries across the globe. We believe that there is collective value in the massive amount of data arising from all of our sensors across the globe. And most importantly, we believe this data can be used to improve safety, infrastructure, and productivity for our customers. You will work with our team of data scientists and engineers who have curated our data repository and have created a series of near real-time and historical datasets categorized under Weather, Urban Infrastructure and Location Analytics. You will produce insights for our partners and customers to directly benefit from the analysis and develop customer-facing products from these results. You will work closely with Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Professional Services, Data Privacy & Governance, firmware as well as all the other internal departments such as Software Development and Solutions Engineering to achieve these objectives.
Our Technology Stack :
We leverage the Google Cloud Platform (GCP) as our big-data environment. Most of our development work happens in Python, leveraging various big data and data science tools in GCP (e.g. Dataflow) as well as from the open-source community (e.g. JupyterLab).
Python Modules : numpy, scipy, theano, keras, pytorch, pandas, matplotlib, xgboost, scikit-learn, nltk, seaborn, networkx, osmnx
Big Data Tools : JupyterLab, TensorFlow, Apache Spark , Beam, Dataflow, Airflow
Google BigQuery, Kafka, Kubernetes
Duties and Tasks/Essential Functions:
- Interact with Geotab’s Big Data Infrastructure on Google Bigquery using Python and SQL
- Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis
- Examine large data sets to identify trends, develop charts, and create visual presentations to help businesses make more strategic decisions
- Utilize statistical tools to interpret data sets and prepare reports that effectively communicate trends, patterns, and predictions based on relevant findings
- Write SQL queries to find answers to complex business questions
- Identify any data quality issues and partialities in data acquisition
- Coordinate with the engineering team to gather incremental new data
- Use data mining, model building, and other analytical techniques to support internal initiatives
- Assist the internal technical departments by providing meaningful insight using datasets
- Work with data scientists and leverage machine learning models that have been developed against Geotab’s big data environment.
- Graduate or Postgraduate Degree in Computer Science, Electrical, or Software Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field
- 3-5 years experience as a Data Analyst with proven proficiency in SQL
- 2+ years of experience supporting Sales or Field Operations is essential
- Exposure to data science tools such as Python, Pandas and NumPy
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally, partnering with key stakeholders to drive business performance
- Experience working with big data and an understanding of techniques used to extract value out of very large datasets
- Experience with database design and writing queries
- Experience working with Google Compute Engine and Google Bigquery
- Data driven individual with a strong business acumen
Why job seekers choose Geotab:
Work from home and flex work arrangements
Home office reimbursement program
Online learning and networking opportunities
Electric vehicle purchase incentive program
Competitive medical and dental benefits (full-time employees only)
Retirement savings program (full-time employees only)
Our Core Values:
At Geotab, we understand that the world is always changing and that we need to change with it. Geotab has adopted a hybrid model for working, including a flexible work from home program, with the opportunity to work in our safe, clean offices. Remote work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
Geotab encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Geotab is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities throughout the interview, selection and employment process. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.