Oakville, ON, Canada /
Data & Analytics – Data Solutions /
Permanent - Full Time
Who we are:
Geotab is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Marketplace, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook.
At Geotab, all staff must be fully vaccinated in order to be eligible to work in our North American offices at this time. Accordingly, any job offer for an onsite position resulting from this posting will be conditional upon the successful candidate providing evidence of full vaccination. Accommodations may be made for those who cannot be vaccinated based on medical or other legally protected grounds.
Geotab policies and requirements are subject to change based on local or federal guidelines.
Who you are:
We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking a Product Owner who is a hands-on for delivering customer solutions and will be responsible for coordinating all facets and launch deliverables associated with product development within the Data and Analytics department.
If you love technology, and are keen to join an industry leader — we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
This role will contribute to the development and execution of product optimization, marketing, new business and revenue opportunities, and product monetization. This position will collaborate with various Geotab teams such as Project Management, Development, Data Science, and Marketing to develop the evolution of the Geotab product roadmap. To be successful in this role you will be a self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and have the ability to quickly understand complex, technical concepts.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Maintain accurate timelines and provide regular milestone updates to stakeholders.
- Serve as the main point of contact for stakeholders on all aspects related to the project.
- Actively look for project risks and identify ways to mitigate.
- Lead project meetings and maintain detailed meeting minutes and follow up on action items.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and provide assistance from product conception to product release.
- Manage testing requirements (coordinating with the Product Manager).
- Develop and implement strategies with the team to create, manage, and update project schedules and timelines.
- Primary contact for project implementation throughout project development. Conduct team meetings.
- Responsible for internal team coordination and meetings relating to communications, project reviews, and risk assessments.
- Primary contact for Product Managers and other teams within Geotab.
- Coordinate product acceptance testing.
- Primary responsibility for meeting project timing.
- Plan and coordinate all requirements of the project; define project resource requirements, including software.
- Support Product Managers on product strategy, road maps, as needed.
- Work collaboratively with Product Managers to plan out strategic changes and on defining product vision and evaluating customer feedback.
- Work closely with the Product Ops team prior to product launch to ensure all required product due diligence is satisfied.
- Regularly connect with the Product Ops team for best practices and methodology.
- Support Geotab global strategic initiatives.
What you’ll bring to this role:
- Post-secondary Diploma/Degree specialization in Engineering or a related Technical field.
- Professional certification in Project Management (PMP) is highly valued.
- 3-5 years experience in technical project management or a similar role.
- Experience working within a technical or engineering organization/knowledge of the high-technology industry is an asset.
- Experience working with big data and an understanding of techniques used to extract value out of very large datasets.
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies, PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent an asset
- High accuracy and meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong project management skills; able to identify needs, develop effective solutions, and manage projects through to completion.
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to problem solve to well-judged decisions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong team-player with the ability to engage with all levels of the organization.
- Technical competence using software programs, including but not limited to, Google Suite for business (Sheets, Docs, Slides).
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable in a flat organization.
Why job seekers choose Geotab:
Work from home and flex work arrangements
Home office reimbursement program
Online learning and networking opportunities
Electric vehicle purchase incentive program
Competitive medical and dental benefits (full-time employees only)
Retirement savings program (full-time employees only)
How we work:
At Geotab, we understand that the world is always changing and that we need to change with it. Geotab has adopted a hybrid model for working, including a flexible work from home program, with the opportunity to work in our safe, clean offices. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Virtual work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
We believe that ensuring diversity is fundamental to our future growth and progress and is an integral part of our business. We believe that success happens where new ideas can flourish – in an environment that is rich in diversity and a place where people from various backgrounds can work together. Geotab encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired. We will ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account as part of performance management, career development, training and redeployment processes. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our diversity and inclusion as well as accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at email@example.com. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.