Senior Product Marketing Manager (Marketplace) (Remote)
Marketing – Channel Marketing /
Permanent - Full Time
Who we are:
Geotab is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Marketplace, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook. Join our talent network to learn more about job opportunities and company news.
At Geotab, all staff must be fully vaccinated in order to be eligible to work in our North American offices at this time. Accordingly, any job offer for an onsite position resulting from this posting will be conditional upon the successful candidate providing evidence of full vaccination. Accommodations may be made for those who cannot be vaccinated based on medical or other legally protected grounds.
Geotab policies and requirements are subject to change based on local or federal guidelines.
Who you are:
We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking a Senior Product Marketing Manager (Marketplace) who will be the interlock between the Product team and other functional teams within the organization such as Marketing and Sales that will develop and own the positioning, messaging and launch activities of new Marketplace partners and solutions. If you love technology, have experience in the Telematics or IoT space, and are keen to join an industry leader — we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
As a Senior Product Marketing Manager (Marketplace) your key area of responsibility will be interpreting key technical features and functions and developing a toolkit of assets that clearly articulates the value propositions, benefits, personas, competitive landscape and key differentiators that are appropriate to specific regions, segments and sales channels. You will be responsible to drive the Go To Market activities for the overall Marketplace portfolio and ensure that all key launch components are aligned to the defined criteria and remove any roadblocks internally to meet the targeted launch date. You will need to work closely with Geotab’s Marketplace, Marketing, Sales, and Product teams. To be successful in this role you will be a self-starter with excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills including presenting to large audiences. In addition, the successful candidate will have a creative mindset and an energetic and positive approach to facing challenges. You will be highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously to ensure timely results.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Aligned to Marketplace partners, work in partnership with the Marketplace team to position new products, solutions and segments developing targeted messaging.
- Drive GTM activities for the overall Marketplace portfolio and ensure that all key launch components are aligned to the defined criteria and remove any roadblocks internally to meet the targeted launch date.
- Be the internal and external SME for these products, supporting events, webinars and customer meetings and presentations.
- In partnership with the competitive intelligence team, validate market needs, competitive positioning, and continue to support throughout the product life cycle.
- In partnership with the solution providers, develop and document the specific product features, use cases, benefits, user journeys, targeted audience (region, segment, industry) and market(s) and translate into market-facing value-based messaging.
- Document significant product changes relative to the product category to consistently, as needed, ensure other teams internally can properly position the product, identify changes in market demand, competition and user requirements.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of customer and prospect requirements and represent the voice of the customer within Geotab at cross-functional team meetings.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and other functional teams to get feedback from Customers and Resellers on new and existing solutions. Such activities may include driving focus groups or customer roundtable discussions.
- Collaborate with Sales Enablement to develop sales tools, assets and communications to sales teams.
- Determine product launch activities and success criteria with Industry/Segment and Regional Leads, Product Sponsors and Product Managers.
- Manage launch requirements status in dedicated internal tools keeping all stakeholders current on any changes or challenges in meeting deliverable deadlines.
- Aggressively position and market the company and its solutions through clear, compelling industry and functional value propositions, based on pain points that resonate with customers and prospects.
- Provide support for product-related PR and analyst relations submissions and engagements.
- Review developed content to help ensure key messages are accurately communicated.
- Collaborate with Learning & Design, Sales Enablement and Training teams to create/update internal and external product training materials.
- Own and drive product post mortems and post-launch assessments, constantly providing feedback to product, support and marketing teams.
- Support in-life sales tools and assets with new, relevant product marketing data.
What you’ll bring to this role:
- Post-Secondary Diploma/Degree specialization in Business, Marketing or a related field.
- 7+ to 10 years experience in a Product Marketing, Marketing or Product role.
- 7+ to 10 years experience working with multiple partners and bringing their solutions to market
- 5+ years in the Telematics or IoT space.
- Proven ability to develop Product Marketing toolkits including documentation related to categories, personas and building in market/competitive assessment in the overall content .
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills including presenting to large audiences
- Ability to own a portfolio of solutions and manage lifecycle requirements.
- Creative mindset and an energetic and positive approach to facing challenges.
- Experience working within a technical or engineering organization/knowledge of the high-technology industry is an asset.
- High accuracy and meticulous attention to detail.
- Able to work well under pressure and respond to fast changing priorities and deadlines.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills.
- A strong team-player with the ability to engage with all levels of the organization.
- Technical competence using software programs, including, but not limited to, Google Suite for business (Sheets, Docs, Slides).
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable in a flat organization.
Why job seekers choose Geotab:
Work from home and flex work arrangements
Home office reimbursement program
Online learning and networking opportunities
Electric vehicle purchase incentive program
Competitive medical and dental benefits (full-time employees only)
Retirement savings program (full-time employees only)
How we work:
At Geotab, we understand that the world is always changing and that we need to change with it. Geotab has adopted a hybrid model for working, including a flexible work from home program, with the opportunity to work in our safe, clean offices. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Virtual work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
We believe that ensuring diversity is fundamental to our future growth and progress and is an integral part of our business. We believe that success happens where new ideas can flourish – in an environment that is rich in diversity and a place where people from various backgrounds can work together. Geotab encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired. We will ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account as part of performance management, career development, training and redeployment processes. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our diversity and inclusion as well as accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at email@example.com. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.