Senior IT Applications Specialist, Google Workspace
TS - IT – IT Operations /
Permanent - Full Time
Who we are:
Geotab ® is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work™.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Geotab Marketplace ®, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram. Join our talent network to learn more about job opportunities and company news.
Who you are:
We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking a Senior IT Applications Specialist who will have end-to-end responsibility for designing, implementation and maintaining of enterprise IT Applications. If you love technology, and are keen to join an industry leader — we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
As a Senior IT Applications Specialist, your key area of responsibility will be designing, configuring, implementing and maintaining Geotab's IT application systems. In this role, you will also be responsible for investigating and troubleshooting application issues of a complex nature, identifying improvement in existing applications, and clearly communicating these to the appropriate teams. You will need to work closely with internal and external resources to maximize business benefits associated with these applications.
To be successful in this role, you will have superior analytical and problem-solving skills, high internal client satisfaction standards, and timeliness. You are highly motivated and very passionate about Geotab’s success, growth, and service quality.
How you'll make an impact:
- Manage Google Workspace within Geotab’s corporate system and service environment
- End-to-end responsibility for designing, implementation and maintaining of managed enterprise IT applications along with researching and establishing best practices
- Lead and ensure in-depth analysis of problems and initiate corrective actions and implementation of preventative measures
- Plan, coordinate and test upgrades for enterprise applications, recommending changes for improvement as needed while ensuring systems will operate correctly in current and future environments
- Write and maintain automation scripts and leverage configuration management to increase system efficiency and effectiveness
- Work closely with business owners in order to understand business needs and manage expectations of users being supported
- Provide advice and recommendations to management regarding technology directions, decisions, security policy, and roadmap
- Lead in knowledge transfer sessions and documentation, mentor peers
- Create and maintain SOP’s for application portfolio including other technical documentation to be used by internal Geotab teams
- Participate in an after-hours on-call rotation
What you'll bring to this role:
- 5-8 years of experience in technical, functional & system support of IT applications and cloud platforms
- Post-Secondary Diploma/Degree specialization in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Professional certification in IT (e.g. Google ACE, Google Professional Collaboration Engineer, Linux +, AWS) highly valued
- Advanced knowledge of ChromeOS, Windows, Mac, and Linux OS installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and maintenance
- Strong programming/scripting knowledge - Powershell, Python, Bash, etc.
- Experience with cloud computing platforms including Google Cloud, AWS, and Microsoft Azure
- Experience with applications such as Google Workspace, Gitlab, ManageEngine, RingCentral, Azure AD etc.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, and responsive to fast changing priorities and deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong team-player with the ability to engage with all levels of the organization
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role! Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
Please note: Geotab does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Geotab employees.
Why job seekers choose Geotab:
Work from home and flex work arrangements
Home office reimbursement program
Baby bonus & parental leave top up program
Online learning and networking opportunities
Electric vehicle purchase incentive program
Competitive medical and dental benefits
Retirement savings program
*The above are offered to full-time permanent employees only
How we work:
At Geotab, we have adopted a flexible first working model in that we have systems, functions, programs and policies in place to support both in-person and virtual work. However, you are welcomed and encouraged to come into our beautiful, safe, clean offices as often as you like. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Virtual work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
We believe that ensuring diversity is fundamental to our future growth and progress and is an integral part of our business. We believe that success happens where new ideas can flourish – in an environment that is rich in diversity and a place where people from various backgrounds can work together. Geotab encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired. We will ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account as part of performance management, career development, training and redeployment processes. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our diversity and inclusion as well as accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at email@example.com. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.