Oakville, ON, Canada /
Operations – Production, RMA & Quality Assurance /
Permanent - Full Time
Who we are:
Geotab is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Marketplace, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook.
Who we are looking for:
We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking an individual who will positively contribute to our Quality Engineering team. The ideal candidate will bring in-depth knowledge and experience with processes and documentation from a related industry, and poised to hit the ground running. If you enjoy working in a high growth, fast-paced environment, possess strong documentation experience, and are keen to join a technology leader - we would love to hear from you!
What are the details of this position:
The Quality Engineering team provides support for the local and overseas Quality teams and will be highly engaged in creating and updating processes and associated documentation (ie. APQP, PFMEA, PPAP, etc). This position would be expected to work closely with production, procurement, engineering and the supplier and quality teams located overseas, via production, product planning, and group quality meetings.
- Open working environment with moderate exposure to noise (business office with computers, printers, light traffic, telephone calls).
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.
- Moderate to heavy physical activity e.g. walking and lifting required on a daily basis.
Duties and Tasks/Essential Functions:
- Be product responsible, owning related quality documentation and process aspects of the product.
- Work with new and existing suppliers to develop new and improve on, current processes.
- Assist with design, development, and launch of new products and services.
- Document and standardize current and future processes.
- Assist engineering, production, and other teams in the implementation of Engineering Changes.
- Review current PFMEAs for missed opportunities and continuous improvement.
- Develop PFMEAs for new products and work with the process team to review work instructions and process flow.
- Review engineering drawings and provide feedback on DFM, DFA, and DFT.
- Drive corrective and preventive actions, and continuous improvement in advanced and production processes.
- Coordinate supplier audit activities in conjunction with on-site auditors overseas.
- Review supplier RMA, NCR, and Corrective Action requests, driving investigation to closure.
- Investigate production failures, and work with the failure analysis team to determine root cause and provide feedback to the production value stream (as applicable).
- Coordinate risk analysis and containment as necessary.
- Oversee engineering, prototype, and beta builds; develop best practices for DFM.
- Support review of customer requirements and document flow-down requirements to organization.
- 3-5 years of Quality Engineering Experience in Automotive or Aerospace environment.
- Post-Secondary Degree/Diploma specialization in Engineering, preferably Electrical or Mechanical, or a related technical field.
- Industry designation training by ASQ, Six Sigma, etc. is considered an asset.
- Experience in working with ISO compliant Quality Management Systems (including TS16949 and AS9100).
- Working knowledge of risk management principles, assembly, manufacturing, and supplier environments.
- Successful in driving continuous improvement throughout the organization.
- Experienced with implementing and executing First Article inspection process.
- Non-conformance reporting and Material Review Board.
- Working knowledge of principles such as: 8D, fishbone, 5-why, and PFMEA.
- Advanced Excel skills and statistical analysis.
- Fluent in English with strong communications skills.
Why job seekers choose Geotab:
Work from home and flex work arrangements
Home office reimbursement program
Online learning and networking opportunities
Electric vehicle purchase incentive program
Competitive medical and dental benefits (full-time employees only)
Retirement savings program (full-time employees only)
Our Core Values:
At Geotab, we understand that the world is always changing and that we need to change with it. Geotab has adopted a hybrid model for working, including a flexible work from home program, with the opportunity to work in our safe, clean offices. Remote work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
Geotab encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Geotab is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities throughout the interview, selection and employment process. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.