IT Specialist - DevOps
Denver, CO, USA /
Technical Services – Information Technology /
Permanent - Full Time
Who we are:
Geotab is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Marketplace, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook.
Who we are looking for:
We are always looking for brilliant technical talent who can contribute to our ever-evolving IT efforts! Geotab is actively seeking an IT professional who has studied computer science or engineering has a background in systems security, and providing world-class technical service. A person that strives to keep current with all things IT. We are looking for an IT Specialist to facilitate a robust, secure and compliant data regime to protect both the company and customers' assets and privacy. The ideal person should really love automation, be passionate about managing information security, and keen to join a leading-edge technology firm – if you feel like we have described you, then we would love to hear from you!
What are the details of this position:
As an IT Specialist, you will be responsible for supporting high transaction, globally distributed ASP infrastructure. You will play a critical role in developing our infrastructure for deploying and managing our SaaS solution. The ideal candidate is a team-oriented individual who combines excellent operational judgment with solid network, management and troubleshooting skills. You enjoy the challenge of working with others to solve problems, adapt well to change, and can also work independently in a fast-paced environment. You will analyze our current production infrastructure and operations and update and improve upon it. You will also have the opportunity to get involved with our code deployment and database administration process. This role asks that you develop scripts to check the health of the system and various application subsystems and respond to alerts. You will provide proactive support 24/7 for production and disaster recovery data center operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Deploying, configuring, monitoring, researching and troubleshooting in a high availability production environment.
- Monitoring data-flow through multiple data-processing environments.
- Provisioning and configuring new servers and systems in hosted GCP cloud environment.
- Modifying database and system configurations to support changes in data processing operations.
- Provide insight to technical security team members regarding technical controls and tool effectiveness.
- Researching data and operational discrepancies based on customer and support teams.
- Collaborate with internal departments to improve operation-related processes.
- Participating in our after-hours, rotational, on-call schedule.
- Other ad-hoc IT tasks as they arise.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor or Masters in Computer Science or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience running and maintaining a 24/7 SaaS environment.
- Experience with building, deploying and scaling out SaaS/Cloud applications on GCP and/or Amazon Web Services.
- Experience designing and implementing system automation for monitoring and deployment purposes.
- Experience with maintaining applications in a Linux and Windows environment.
- Experience with Database Administration, query analysis and performance tuning MS-SQL clusters.
- Knowledge of IP Networking, Network security, Firewalls and Load Balancing.
- Experience with continuous integration using Jenkins, log collection, and analysis, version control systems like GitHub, Gitlab or SVN.
- Strong scripting skills – Bash Shell, PowerShell, Python.
- Web server technologies, IIS, Apache, Tomcat, Java script.
- Experience with configuration management tools required: Terraform, Ansible, Chef.
- Understanding of container technologies such as Docker, experience with Kafka, RMQ, AMQ are considered an asset.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently and responsibly in a demanding fast-paced team environment.
- Big Data experience is an asset.
Our Core Values:
At Geotab, we understand that the world is always changing and that we need to change with it. Geotab has adopted a hybrid model for working, including a flexible work from home program, with the opportunity to work in our safe, clean offices. Remote work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
Geotab encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Geotab is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities throughout the interview, selection and employment process. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.