Cybersecurity Operations Specialist
Oakville, ON, Canada /
Technical Services – Security Operations /
Permanent - Full Time
Who we are:
Geotab is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Marketplace, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook.
Who you are:
We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking a Cybersecurity Specialist who will work collaboratively with different departments at Geotab to achieve security compliance, implement best practices, and mitigate risk throughout the organization. If you love technology, and are keen to join an industry leader — we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
As a Cybersecurity Operations Specialist your key area of responsibility to develop end-to-end understanding of Geotab's security programs and data infrastructure. . You will analyze, design and automate security processes, as well as work with customers to advise on Geotab’s current security programs.
To be successful in this role you will be a ble to work well under pressure and respond to fast changing priorities and deadlines. In addition, the successful candidate will have strong analytical and project management skills with an ability to identify needs, develop effective solutions, and manage projects through completion. The successful candidate will also be able to manage multiple timelines and contrasting priorities to ensure timely results.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Develop end-to-end understanding of Geotab's security programs and data infrastructure.
- Work with the Incident Response team to diagnose, triage, escalate and resolve cyber security incidents.
- Work on security-related projects to ensure they are implemented correctly, from a detail management standpoint.
- Design security-related processes to cover both compliance requirements and to decrease risk.
- Collaborate with internal departments to improve on security-related risks.
- Develop project status reports.
- Support Geotab global strategic initiatives.
What you’ll bring to this role:
- 3-5 years experience in security evaluation/analysis and/or risk assessments, within a technology-focused industry.
- Experience and understanding of security tool use.
- Experience working with APIs to assist in streamlining security processes.
- Experience using Bigquery, SQL, and regex highly valued.
- High accuracy and meticulous attention to detail.
- Able to work well under pressure and respond to fast changing priorities and deadlines.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to problem-solve to well-judged decisions.
- A strong team-player with the ability to engage with all levels of the organization.
- Technical competence using software programs, including, but not limited to, Google Suite for business (Sheets, Docs, Slides).
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable in a flat organization.
- Post-Secondary Diploma/Degree specialization in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- Professional certification in Information Security from a reputable institution highly valued.
Why job seekers choose Geotab:
Work from home and flex work arrangements
Home office reimbursement program
Online learning and networking opportunities
Electric vehicle purchase incentive program
Competitive medical and dental benefits (full-time employees only)
Retirement savings program (full-time employees only)
How we work:
At Geotab, we understand that the world is always changing and that we need to change with it. Geotab has adopted a hybrid model for working, including a flexible work from home program, with the opportunity to work in our safe, clean offices. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Virtual work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
We believe that ensuring diversity is fundamental to our future growth and progress and is an integral part of our business. We believe that success happens where new ideas can flourish – in an environment that is rich in diversity and a place where people from various backgrounds can work together. Geotab encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired. We will ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account as part of performance management, career development, training and redeployment processes. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our diversity and inclusion as well as accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.