Senior Manager, Product Marketing (Remote)
Marketing – Channel Marketing /
Permanent - Full Time
Who we are:
Geotab is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Marketplace, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook. Join our talent network to learn more about job opportunities and company news.
At Geotab, all staff must be fully vaccinated in order to be eligible to work in our North American offices at this time. Accordingly, any job offer for an onsite position resulting from this posting will be conditional upon the successful candidate providing evidence of full vaccination. Accommodations may be made for those who cannot be vaccinated based on medical or other legally protected grounds.
Geotab policies and requirements are subject to change based on local or federal guidelines.
Who you are:
We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking a Senior Manager, Product Marketing who will support a team of Product Marketing Managers that are dedicated to specific portfolios and drive the ongoing engagement with Product and other functional teams across the organization to deliver a comprehensive program encompassing all of the product launches, features and updates. If you love technology, have experience in the Telematics or IoT space, and are keen to join an industry leader — we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
As a Senior Manager, Product Marketing your key area of responsibility will be delivering key product messaging and positioning, successful aggregation and coordination of competing deliverables synthesized in a comprehensive toolkit to enable other functional teams to effectively connect our products with our customers. You will be support a team of highly specialized Product Marketing resources dedicated to key products and solutions. You will need to work closely with Geotab’s Product, NPI, and Sales team to develop best in class product messaging for both internal and external audiences. To be successful in this role you will be a self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills, including comfort with delivering presentations and training. In addition, the successful candidate will have demonstrated experience supporting, developing and mentoring teams building collaboration.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Support a team of highly specialized Product Marketing resources dedicated to key products and solutions.
- Collaborate with key functional teams such as Product, Sales Enablement and Marketing to develop best in class product messaging for both internal and external audiences.
- Develop key strategies and tools to support different types of launches to effectively position market leading solutions that will drive early adoption.
- Collaborate with cross functional stakeholders to facilitate the seamless growth across teams by introducing new processes and tools to ensure the ongoing delivery of Product Marketing deliverables.
- Collaborate with peers to build the ongoing library of competitive intelligence to enable Sales and Partners and effectively conducting market analysis to stress test products and solutions.
- Support the ongoing development of product marketing processes and deliverables with Product and other teams that will:
- Validate proposed product features, market availability and go-to-market strategy with industry analysts.
- Facilitate discussions across sales and channels to gather key market feedback to share back with Product teams.
- Implement programs with multiple internal teams to get feedback from Customers and Partners on new and in market solutions.
- Ensure that all product marketing documentation is up to date with relevant competitor and market data.
- Participate in product postmortems and post-launch assessments.
- Support in-life product campaigns.
- Work with product managers, NPI managers and Marketing to determine level of launch.
- Collaborate with Sales Enablement to develop quarterly goals on deliverables that will drive growth and increase overall solutions knowledge.
- This position will build out a team to support.
What you’ll bring to this role:
- 10+ years of significant product marketing experience within a Product Marketing role, preferably in telematics or IoT.
- Degree/Diploma specialization in Marketing, Business or any other related field is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience supporting, developing and mentoring teams building inclusiveness and collaboration.
- Strong practical understanding of all components of Product Management from product inception through launch and to commercial success.
- A proven track record of successful go-to-market strategies and execution and managing end-to-end product launches in market.
- Process/Project Management acumen with proven track record of figuring out and managing the processes and timelines necessary to get work accomplished.
- Commitment to results by consistently achieving set goals, demonstrating high performance, and challenging self and others to deliver results.
- Ability to work in a fast, growing environment and identifying potential roadblocks and proactively mitigating the delay of deliverables.
- Strong business acumen, specifically around business/marketing development.
- Able to analyze information collected from win/loss interviews and pipeline behavior (conversion rates and velocity) to detect breakdowns in the marketing and sales process.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution and relationship management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including comfort with delivering presentations and training.
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills.
- Strategic mindset, has a keen sense of priorities, along with an ability to pivot as the landscape changes.
- Technical competence using software programs, including, but not limited to, Google Suite for business (Sheets, Docs, Slides).
Why job seekers choose Geotab:
Work from home and flex work arrangements
Home office reimbursement program
Online learning and networking opportunities
Electric vehicle purchase incentive program
Full medical benefits & 4% 401k company matching RSP (full-time employees only)
How we work:
At Geotab, we understand that the world is always changing and that we need to change with it. Geotab has adopted a hybrid model for working, including a flexible work from home program, with the opportunity to work in our safe, clean offices. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Virtual work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
Geotab provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Geotab complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Geotab expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Geotab's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.